cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from residential to business premier

N/A

I’ve only just joined plusnet (moved house and lost cable access) and I must say I’m very impressed.... so much so I’ve ordered a regrade to business premier partly because with my job (assistant warehouse manager) I need access from home to work systems and I constantly monitor HQ CCTV most evenings. The other reason is the missus would like to kick start her business via a web site, anyways my question is ....... would there be any problems with the regrade as the BT line is classed as residential?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I shouldnt think there would be a problem - many businesses are run from residential properties.

The difficulty would be the other way around, i.e. if you wanted to use a domestic product on a business line.
Community Veteran

Nope, and what you are doing is correct under the terms & conditions (i.e. you can't use a residential product for business purposes).

Going the other way bus -> res when on a business line is where the problems are.
N/A

Thanks guys.... Just wondered because dont BT have to change something at the exchange with business premier being a Office 2000 wholesale package?? (contention rate 20.1)

EDIT = also where can I find the "sup" for business premier
Community Veteran

It will involve a regrade which you will be charged for (£14.99+VAT I think - remember all business products and services have to have VAT added to them). This should take about 5 -> 7 days and the only downtime will be at the point the service is switched over.
N/A

EDIT = also where can I find the "sup" for business premier

There isn't one.