cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing e mail address

kiasu
Grafter

Changing e mail address

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the main part of ones Plusnet e mail address?

I am now receiving almost 100 spam e mails per day and it is driving me nuts.

Impossible to filter most of these out without some genuine ones ending up in the bin.

I know that if I change e mail address they will gradually build up again but I plan to set up a free e mail address for registering on most websites that will hopefully avoid it getting too bad.

Regards

Kiasu
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Changing e mail address

If you are using on specific address before the @ symbol then you could set up a mailbox for this. Your current mailbox, kiasu@kiasu.etc... will receive anything sent to @kiasu..

Therefore to cut down on the SPAM you should set up specific addresses, eg mail@kiasu... would only receive mails to mail@

We could then blackhole the rest of the mails for you.

If I didn't explain it very well then have a look at http://www.plus.net/support/security/spam/spam_protection_guide.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
kiasu
Grafter

Att Chris at Plusnet

Many thanks for this Chris,

I have turned on the Spam setting in Plusnet.

Also, I have 3 e mail addresses that I use prior to my @kiasu address.

These are:

mark.phillips@
kiasu@
the_wise_old_owl@

How do I register these with Plusnet to avoid any other e mails arriving without these correct address please.

PS
For the last few weeks practically all of my e mails received, including genuine ones, have the little paperclip symbol attached to them even though there are no enclosures.

Would this possibly be that I recently changed Norton to AVG protection?

Many thanks

Mark
OldDave
Grafter

Changing e mail address

kiasu
The attachment is probably the AVG certification that the E-Mail is virus free.
you can turn this off by going to AVG Control center --> E-mail scanner --> Configure
than unselect the Certify Mail tick box
Community Veteran

Changing e mail address

You can set up your mail boxes via this menu;
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail

Chilly
N/A

Re: Att Chris at Plusnet

How do I register these with Plusnet to avoid any other e mails arriving without these correct address please.

Create mailboxes with these names here and then raise a ticket with PN to "blackhole" your "catchall" mailbox.