cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing accounts

southerncomfort
Grafter

Changing accounts

For a couple of years now I have had BB Premium Option 1 @ £21.99p a month (on which despite the 10Mbps claim usually struggles to provide 2Mbps, and I use just ~2.3GB of the 10GB d/transfer pm).

As I have now just bought a laptop I need a new WIFI modem/router thingy. The obvious choice looks like changing my a/c to the Your Way £14.99 pm option. Anyone know if --
a) Plusnet will charge me to switch a/cs?
b) does the free wireless router enable 1 wired and 1 wireless (which I shall need as a minimum)?
c) Is this my best option?
Thanks
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Changing accounts

Hi there, let me answer your questions for you Cheesy

-Nope, switching to and then switching between the new products doesn't cost

b) does the free wireless router enable 1 wired and 1 wireless (which I shall need as a minimum)?

-I believe it only allows 1 ethernet connection, but it does not limit the wireless connections any more than other routers.

-From what you have said about your usage, then it probably is. You may want to look at the product features here

A couple of things to note are the different peak hours on BBYW to Premier and the terms of the router offer.
-The peak hours on Premier are 4pm - Midnight whereas on BBYW they are 8am - Midnight
- You need to stay for 12 months for the router to become free, if you leave during this time you would pay the cost of the router. There is also a £5.99 delivery charge which would need to be paid.

Hope this post has helped.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Re: Changing accounts

Can I start with making a few corrections to your original post-

For a couple of years now I have had BB Premium Option 1 @ £21.99p a month (on which despite the 10Mbps claim usually struggles to provide 2Mbps, and I use just ~2.3GB of the 10GB d/transfer pm).

No broadband is sold as "10Mbps" or even "8Mbps". PlusNet, like all ISP's, sell "up to 8Mbps" broadband. The actual speed you get will depend on your line and equipment. The usage limit for Broadband Premier, Option 1, is 20GB rather than 10GB as you stated.

As I have now just bought a laptop I need a new WIFI modem/router thingy. The obvious choice looks like changing my a/c to the Your Way £14.99 pm option. Anyone know if --
Thanks

As chrisparr says the BBYW Option 2 product seems to meet your needs perfectly. Do make sure you've considered his points before you make the switch though, as it's not possible to switch back to legacy products.
southerncomfort
Grafter

Changing accounts

OK many thanks guys.