cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing account type.

N/A

Changing account type.

I see a couple of people have changed account types, and seem to be getting better speeds, I'm thinking why don't I do it as well.

Currently I'm on Premier 1 and get a max download speed of around 630KB/Sec (Stable rate 8000)

Download stats -

What I'm thinking of doing it switching to the Pay as you go £15.99 package with 10 extra Gig of bandwidth.

Will I see better speeds 24/7 on all protocols as opposed to only during the time when I should be sleeping?

Will I be charged a regrade fee?

Will I start a new 12 month contract?

If and when the new pipe comes on line and the YSWP deal is changed to 12 months, and things are still poor can I still walk away with out being charged?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Changing account type.

My understanding is that providing your new account is not an cheaper per month than your current there is not "admin fee".
From what I have read on these forum you can then reduce your pre-paid usage the next month without an penalty.

I am thinking on making the same change as yourself.

Chilly
Azagoth
Grafter

Changing account type.

Yeah, I've just swapped from BB+ to PAYG today, there was no charge as both are the same price, £14.99.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Changing account type.

@chrisofcov

Have a read of my How To post linked from my signature.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Changing account type.

Cheers chaps - Cheesy
Mand
Grafter

Re: Changing account type.

Will I see better speeds 24/7 on all protocols as opposed to only during the time when I should be sleeping?

Yes, PAYG traffic is prioritised during peak times, as you pay for exactly what you use.

Will I be charged a regrade fee?

No, unless you choose a BT regrade which shouldn't be necessary, and providing that the new product is the same or a higher price than your current one there will be no admin fee.

Will I start a new 12 month contract?

No, a change of product does not start a new contract (unless it's residential to business which doesn't apply in this case).

If and when the new pipe comes on line and the YSWP deal is changed to 12 months, and things are still poor can I still walk away with out being charged?

Yep, this will make no difference to the waiving of YSWP, and only 30 days notice would be required to leave if the deferred fees are waived.