cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing account name

N/A

Changing account name

There was a discussion, which I cannot find, where some wanted to change their account name. This was not possible.

The reason they wanted to this was because their name would appear in headers of emails sent from their machine, (static ip), and I presume Reverse DNS would identify their name from the account name if it were serving a web site.

There was a resolution to the problem in the end, can anyone remember or point me to the solution.

Steve
3 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Changing account name

If you're on an account that comes with a static IP address you can ask to have this changed. Its a simple matter of raising a link:contact us ticket asking for it to be changed. The possible variations are listed in the link:contact us system.
N/A

Changing account name

You can change the rDNS of your IP by submitting a ticket. The accountname will still appear in e-mail addresses, as it is part of your e-mail address, unless you have a domain name which is being managed by plusnet and are using that for e-mail.
N/A

Changing account name

Most of my emails go out through a non plusnet SMTP server on another server. So the email address is not an issue, just the host name. So I will be raising a ticket.

Thanks.