cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a Mailbox to an alias

mcgerard
Grafter

When the spam started I turned off the catchall and set up some mailboxes for specific addresses to give me more control over collecting my mail. I now want to change a mailbox to an alias so that I don't have to check too many mailboxes when I am away on holiday. I understand I need to delete the mailbox first and then create an alias.

1) Will there be any problem with the alias being the same address as a deleted mailbox?

2) The mailbox has a spam folder associated with it. Will this cause any problem? (The folder is now empty)
1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

1) Will there be any problem with the alias being the same address as a deleted mailbox?

Once the mailbox has been deleted you should be able to create a new alias with that name without any problems. The information about the mailbox will have been removed so it shouldn't cause any conflicts.

2) The mailbox has a spam folder associated with it. Will this cause any problem? (The folder is now empty)

As there won't be a mailbox under that name there will no longer be a spam folder so this doesn't matter.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team