cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Domain.

N/A

Changing Domain.

Hi there. Probably I shouldn't be posting this question here, but I would prefer to have some light upon the matter, before I take it to tech service, so any help is welcomed. Thanks.
Question: Unfortunately, when I signed to the service on-line I set up, without knowing what I was dealing with, the domain name that I use know with my name. But I want to change it, because even for the webpage or email adresses I don't like that my name is showing all the time.
Once again, thank you.

Moderator's note by Chris (fa55dsl): Moved to a more relevent forum, please check each forums description before posting.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Changing Domain.

You can not change your username once you have signed up for an account. There are two options though -
1. sign up a free account with the username of your choice and use that for email / webspace.
2. Most accounts come with either a domain name charged at £1 per month or a free domain, you could use this and have www.anythingyoulike.co.uk and email@anythingyoulike.co.uk

Chris
Community Veteran

Changing Domain.

The only drawback with a free account for a website is you only get 25MBytes of space.
N/A

Thanks for the replies, but...

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't tought I would be able to change, but I have been thinking of setting up my own DNS server using a service like DynDNS. Would that be possible?
Thanks.