cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Business Acounts

N/A

Hi,

As well as having a personal account with Plusnet (soon to be migrated to Zen).
I have a number of clients (I'm a computer consultant) who have Plusnet business accounts which were recommended by me.

Anyway one client who has 5 accounts at different branches is looking to save money so I looked at downgrading there ADSL Netstart account at £32.89 per month to teleworker accounts, thus saving them £15.00 ish per account per month. The only problem is the fee of £29.99 each,. How can this be justified I presume (maybe incorrectly) that its just a quick change at Plusnets end?

The accounts all use less than 2gig a month so I thought this was the sort of customer that Plsunet would want?

Any ideas or should I look at a free move to Freedom2surf which will save me £150 fees from Plusnet and should give me the same level of service.

Any ideas.

Marty
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes they are the sort of customers that PlusNet likes, but remember that they are loosing revenue by allowing people to downgrade. Although £30 does seem a little steep to me for a simple account change.

Chris
N/A

Indeed. The fees for changes to business accounts came up previously in the forums.

At that time Plus Net were to seek clarification. Perhaps this could be revisited.
N/A

Hi,

Thank you, hopefully Plusnet will come along with an official answer.

I'm in no rush but could do with sorting it in the next couple of months.

Thanks again.

Marty
N/A

I have the same problem.I have an old netstart account at 32.99 at 50:1 and want to change to small business 26.99, to do that it would cost me 44.99 but if I upgrade to the business package at 34.99 then the charge would be 29.99.

I don't see what the charge is. Isn't there a business package available without regrading the line. Surely there must be other users in a similar problem.
N/A

As mentioned previously, I strongly disagree with this charge.

It used to be free to move from Netstart to Small Business until the recent Business Product revamp was launched. I honestly feel this needs looking at soon.
N/A

Any chance of someone from Plusnet responding to this query prior to my client meeting on Wednesday?

It would be a shame to have to move these accounts as they have been very stable and we had had no problems since installation.

Thanks

Marty
Ben_Brown
Grafter

At the moment if you are moving to a cheaper product it is a downgrade, and there is a £29.99 charge for a downgrade.

With the money saved by paying a lower monthly charge you will soon overcome this however.
N/A

Thanks Ben,

I understand the logic that my client will save the £29.99 in a couple of months but the logic of migrating is they will not have to pay £150.00 at all (£30.00 x 5 downgrade fee).

I'll see what they say Shocked)

Thanks again

Martin
N/A

What type of change will this be? Will I see any benefits besides increased speed etc?

Is there a change on BT's end or is this the cost for Plusnet Administration. If my company is to pay around £45 to regrade and setup a new 12 month contract. What would be the main benfits. Please clarify with a detailed breakdown of the costs as obviously we are not too happy to pay this without any tangible benefit.