cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Forum - Update

N/A

Hi all

The main reason for some of the changes where to make it easier for users to use and understand which area to post in, and another reason was to have a small tide up and refresh for 2006.

Most of the changes have been completed now. However some small changes are still to be done, hopefully by the end of this week.

However - we want your feedback on the changes, can you use the vote button above, the only thing i ask is if you vote no, could you tell us why, and what could be done better? Thanks for you help.
18 REPLIES
Frogger
Grafter

I voted no... it seems meaningless as you've only had 3 votes in total.
Reason.. we can no longer air customer feedback in public, please re instate some means of doing this.

Colin
N/A

Hi Colin,

I can understand what your saying but wouldnt the "ideas & suggestions" forum cover customer feedback to though?

Ivan
N/A

I voted no... it seems meaningless as you've only had 3 votes in total.
Reason.. we can no longer air customer feedback in public, please re instate some means of doing this.

Colin

Hi, You can post customer feedback comments into the community support thread, this will allow the F9 community (including Staff + Customers) to answer your question/problem.
N/A

Evening All,

Hello All Im Tom. I am new in the sense of having a physical presence on F9 boards but not as a visitor.

I think the new board layout is a good move for the long run. As UKFM has already mentioned there are changes still to be done, and those I personally feel to be fine tuning.

Dowse, I know what it is like when you have been used to something for so long that a change sparks a sudden jolt in your body causing some confusion. Perhaps it may not be as easy given recent announcements either. But if I look at the PN boards in comparison to how they were at some point, things have definately improved since the change.

The point I would see and make would be that this forum was called "Feedback" before. There are also other areas for users to use, but with all the signups of less literate people it would be hard for them to understand where they might possibly be able to post questions for support ASWELL as voice their opinions.

Arguably you could say well why not open a new forum up for the sole purpose of support so that we can still leave feedback in a labelled forum. Once again my view would be that looking around this forum there are already a few requests for support and it has as such become such a forum.
Feedback is not simply measured in simple "I like F9" or "I Dislike F9" terms but also by means of how requests for support on confused matters there are and opinions as a whole.

Just to let you know before question spark over my registration date, I am a PN user but scour all boards run by F9/PN/UKFO etc.

Regards,
N/A

Arguably you could say well why not open a new forum up for the sole purpose of support so that we can still leave feedback in a labelled forum. Once again my view would be that looking around this forum there are already a few requests for support and it has as such become such a forum.
Feedback is not simply measured in simple "I like F9" or "I Dislike F9" terms but also by means of how requests for support on confused matters there are and opinions as a whole.

I voted no as the feedback forum was better I feel. Calling it support is likely to encourage people to think this is an official avenue for PN support, even though it is called "community support", when in reality it is classed as unmonitored and unsupported by F9. There were already enough rants previously because customers objected to lack of responses from F9 staff, I feel that the name change will only encourage more of the same.

Mark
N/A

didit,

I know what you mean, I honestly do. But in all seriousness I have looked at the Community Support Forum and all I see are threads about confusion, support requests, rants about F9's ways and so forth. It has you said, already become a venue for requesting help.

Now I can see your next port of call, which is why not then move these posts to the relevant Forum and should any others popup move them and leave the poster a note.
Well, the answer to that one is 'WORK'. There is currently only Jeremy to my knowledge that is modding these boards. Oh and Dave. Colin by my understandanding is hardly online lately and the others have renounced their titles.
This is an aweful lot of work for one person to take on. Dont forget that jeremy works aswell and that the title of being a mod is voluntary and is not paid or even a full time job. To demand a mod sort all this out and put his personal life on hold simply for this is a little unfair.

Regards,
N/A

This is an aweful lot of work for one person to take on. Dont forget that jeremy works as well and that the title of being a mod is voluntary and is not paid or even a full time job. To demand a mod sort all this out and put his personal life on hold simply for this is a little unfair.

Having met two of the then mods at F9 in December (cyteck, who has since resigned if that is the word, and ukfmonline), of course I realise that they have lives outside of F9. I also realise it is, and the key word here is, voluntary. When I was in the RAF, the main thing they drilled into you was not to volunteer for anything as otherwise you are likely to be put upon.

We are lucky in F9 that the moderators are not as heavy handed as the PN moderators, otherwise the workload for one would be unmanageable, but from my belief, the moderators of each VISP are able to "work" in all forums.

I also think that maybe the reason why there is only one "active" moderator is that the others are pretty fed up with taking the flack from the users over F9's policies which they conveniently "forget" to mention to their customers.

Moving the boards about must have taken a bit of work to do, especially with Jeremy doing it alone. That said, it was not uregent and could have waited until there were a) more moderators or b) asked the users what they would have preferred to see (not having a dig at you Jeremy, honest Smiley ).

Mark
N/A

Mark,

Yes I see your point on that one. I dont think that the mods over on our board are that heavy handed to be fair. Ok things can get a little rough and thus a stern stance is taken, but thats human nature.

Am I right in thinking that the main issue is the renamiing of this one particular Forum from being feedback to being Community Support?
Customer feedback is, well sounds as though its a Forum for nothing more than a person to leave their feeling whilst not expecting a response or reply in turn. It sounds like such a done deal, if you follow my meaning.

Perhaps though if it was bolded and stuff in the Forum description that this Forum is for Customer Feedback also, would this not then help? as it would allow people to see that not only is it a forum for community support ( after all it is an unofficial F9 forum ) but you can leave your feelings for and about F9 also making your voice heard if you like.

I have visited some boards where you have a mass of forums created for every single little bit, and too be honest I dont enjoy them as you are looking for what you want then having to search and so on. It also tends to lead to confusion.

Anyway,
I will leave it at that.

Regards,
N/A

Am I right in thinking that the main issue is the renamiing of this one particular Forum from being feedback to being Community Support?
Customer feedback is, well sounds as though its a Forum for nothing more than a person to leave their feeling whilst not expecting a response or reply in turn. It sounds like such a done deal, if you follow my meaning.

Perhaps though if it was bolded and stuff in the Forum description that this Forum is for Customer Feedback also, would this not then help? as it would allow people to see that not only is it a forum for community support ( after all it is an unofficial F9 forum ) but you can leave your feelings for and about F9 also making your voice heard if you like.

From the few comments from those that have responded and my own thoughts, yes that is the problem. Yes, your suggestion may well help, not sure what others think? Perhaps we could try it andsee how it pans out?

You have said that "its a Forum for nothing more than a person to leave their feeling whilst not expecting a response or reply in turn.", so are we now saying that if you post you should expect a reply? This is my main concern, that new customers and first timers especially will post, not get a response and fly off the handle. It has happened here in the past and I think that the line between unsupported and official helpline has now been blurred.

I've had my few pence worth now, i'll see what others think Wink

Mark
N/A

Hi all,

If you would like the text change - no problem, pm or post your ideas to me!

My idea :

Need help from the community or from the support team, or do you want to leave feedback for F9, then this is the place for you. Please note – this is not an official support channel, so please check the forum rules before posting.
N/A

Mark,

I am glad you like my suggestion Smiley . By no means is it a guarantee that a response will be issued. The problem I can see at the moment is that the boards on F9 are busy when there are complaints to be made but its more of a trickle when everythings running smoothly.

I may be wrong about this, but for the past week I have not seen more than a handfull of posts.
I know that in the past it was put up for the vote on merging the PN and F9 boards and it was knocked back as people enjoy their own individuality, but personally I would have thought that there would have been more to gain out of it by means of more people, more support and a shared experience on other issues.

Anyway lets see what transpires Smiley

Regards,
N/A

Or,

Perhaps this one is better suited

Want to leave feedback about the F9 service, or do you need a little help from the community or F9 support. Then take a look inside and see how others can help. Please note these boards are not offical support mediums - so please read the rules before posting. Thank you.

The choice is yours please leave your comments and vote as to mine or Jeremies. Smiley

Regards,
Frogger
Grafter

As I seem to have started a lot of discussion on this topic, can I say to Jeremy the suggestion of changing the descriptive text is an excellent one, it clears my concern about the change of sense. I just slightly prefer hsnetwork's words (check spelling of "official" though)

Perhaps this one is better suited

Quote:

Want to leave feedback about the F9 service, or do you need a little help from the community or F9 support. Then take a look inside and see how others can help. Please note these boards are not offical support mediums - so please read the rules before posting. Thank you.

I also think the possessive of Jeremy is actually Jeremy's.. but that might be a new thread !

And Jeremy ... I'm much happier with the revised layout of your footer

Cheers all

Colin
N/A

I also think the possessive of Jeremy is actually Jeremy's.. but that might be a new thread !

Hi Evening,

Can i ask what you mean?

Np about the footer, i prefer it now. Going to add a wee bit more later about getting help!.

Back on topic, i must admit, i prefer the community coming first, and where users can help other users, then feedback, because I want the forums to become a positive place to post. However i am happy to do what other people like.

Talk Later J.