cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to forums... add a new forum

N/A

Would it be worth looking at breaking the community support forum into two bits...

Keep the existing name and make it for things which people need help with from either PN or the wider community (such as seeing if there are system wide outages etc - something that people can realistically be expected to help with) and another forum - provisionally named something like 'Plusnet Feedback' where we can leave feedback both good and bad about PN...

This might make the community support forum more relevant for some and the feedback forum by the volume of posting will give PN an idea about high fealings are running Wink
6 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

This is something that needs raising with the forum Mods, as they are responsible for changes of this nature. Though one of them might add comments onto this thread for you.
N/A

In which case if the mod's (or anyone else for that matter) has a view lets hear it...
Community Veteran

As you can see we've made some changes to the forums this morning. We've discussed the Community Support forum but haven't really been able to come up with any ideas on the best way to split / change / alter it and how we will moderate it afterwards, but we are always open for discussion and feedback on this.
N/A

solstan,

It is a reasonable suggestion and one worth thinking about. However for me personally there are a couple of bits that set off the alarm bells so to speak.

1) The forum is not a supported means of obtaining support from Plusnet and so the requests for support by means of the forum could be left unanswered for a while if things are busy over at Plusnet towers.

2) Given the amount of people that are unhappy with the service and are posting this openly on the forums would ( I am sure ) use the Plusnet side of it to try and make their voice heard as apposed to seeking support. On top of this newcomers would probably see it and post straight into it thinking they will have a quick and resolving answer to the problem.

I personally also think that we could see posting hanging in favour of the Plusnet named forum as appossed to the community one and so more work for the mods to have to move, split, edit, lock etc threads and posts in order to keep everything running smoothly.

As Chris has mentioned the Community Support forum has been discussed but no answers have been highlighted as to the way forward as yet.

This is my personal view btw and not that of the mods or Plusnet.

Regards,
N/A

As you've dropped in a BB help forum that sort meets the point I was trying to make anyway... Wink
Community Veteran

lol, fair enough.

We're still looking at what we can do at improving the main forum, moving the bb help one up will hopefully make a difference, but we're always interested in more suggestions.