cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to T&C's - opt out?

N/A

Just a thought, with PN changing theT&C's again, will customers be offered the chance to leave for free (although I understand activation and modem fees for some would need to be paid). Don't get me wrong I'm reasonably happy with PN, but the new T&C's are bound to make people ask the question.
18 REPLIES
jimmcginty
Grafter

If you are that desperate you could cite the loss of Binary USENET
as a reason to leave. I'm certain that option was available from
the "mangement"

In fact it is such a slow day at work ...

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=288283#288283

Jim
N/A

the Terms and Conditions have NOT been changed again and they havnt been changed since september last year.

All that has changed is the way that plusnet manage their network and the Terms and Conditions Allow them to do this and you agreed to this when u signed up or didnt opt out back in september
Community Veteran

Err - when I switched to BB+ from premier, I read the product usage guide and was advised of 5GB usage at peak times. This has now been reduced to 3GB during peak times.

I'd consider that a change of product specification, and specificaly one to my detriment.

The peak hours may no longer include 8am to 4pm, but as I am at work between the hours of 8:30 and 5pm anyway, it makes no difference to me, Ive efectivley just had my usage cut by two fifths. Great.
N/A

technically the 5GB was a guideline figure which was not set in stone but the fact remains the actual T&C document is completely unaltered.

Wither one can argue the product has changed is a different matter.

I think they define management as What /How much u can do when u can do and at what speed so technically if this is the case then theirs a clause under the t/c for it. I think their argument is that their not acutally stoping u doing anything. thier just slowing u down after X will be their stance although if they do start blocking After X more GB then i guess u have a case to be fought with them. Its some pretty dodgy ground though. Gound which i would certainly not want to be standing on

I certainly think their pushing it trying to change the product so often. Persoally hte premier is no longer much use to me so i'm migrating out. Orders currently with BT just waiting to be swithced to nildram now.
ceridwen
Grafter

the Terms and Conditions have NOT been changed again and they havnt been changed since september last year.

Whilst the T&C's may not have changed, the Agreement (which is defined to be " Conditions and Annexes hereto, the Customer Order, and any other document that the parties agree in writing will form part of the Agreement") has changed (the various documents defining SUP etc. fall within the category of annexes or other documents).

As such clause 14 should apply:

24. How this Agreement can be changed

We may change this Agreement, including our Charges, at any time. We will give you at least 14 days notice of any changes before they take effect. You may not change any term of this Agreement. As explained in clause 23, you can end this Agreement by giving us immediate notice in this 14 day period if we increase our Charges or change the Conditions of this Agreement to your detriment.

Matthew
N/A

From my own personal viewpoint,

I would say that as far as premier goes, having the loss of FTP, NNTP, P2P after you reach 15GB and having it completely blocked off during peak hours, is in my book a Denial of Service and a fairly large change of service.

But as I said, thats my viewpoint. All I know is that if I wasnt content and wanted to leave I would argue my case as far as possible.

But anyway, as I understand it I think I am correect in saying that Ian informed me that there would be the option for people to cancel their contract if the service now no longer proved to be of any use to them.

Regards,
N/A

right. good someone ack'd the t/cs aint changed Smiley

Anyway. I wudnt be happy and i recon their going to have to allow folk to migrate for free in contact.. Messy ground i see :/
N/A

Err - when I switched to BB+ from premier, I read the product usage guide and was advised of 5GB usage at peak times. This has now been reduced to 3GB during peak times.

NOOOOO! Please someone tell me this is not true! :shock:
I've been going by the 5GB limit and have so far this month run up 3.14GB.
N/A

Tis indeed true, applies from your next billing date if I'm not mistaken
N/A

Oh pants! This is just going from bad to worse. Sad
shellsong
Grafter

That's the next billing date in April, by the way!
N/A

I'm glad i'm getting away from here. The service on plusnet has really gone downhill in the past 6 month ,they used to be one of the best ISPs around but are maybe now one of the worst.

I mean come on offering a £6000 prize for referals they must be desperate for new customers... :roll:
Community Veteran

NOOOOO! Please someone tell me this is not true! :shock:
I've been going by the 5GB limit and have so far this month run up 3.14GB.

The reduction of allowance is in line with the reduced peak time period for BB+ which will change from 8am -> midnight to 4pm -> midnight. In fact halving the peak time period should have halved the allowance but PN have actually allowed more.
N/A

In fact halving the peak time period should have halved the allowance but PN have actually allowed more.

That reasoning just doesn't add up for everybody.
There must be many thousands of us, who like me are at work during the hours of 8am to 4 pm. The reality for us is we have had our allowance cut.
Being on Premier (?) the 10G is enough for me, but it cuts it close.
The next round of cuts will surely affect me and a huge percentage of the customer base, especially as a lot of us will be getting up to 8Mb and finding new ways to use it. The constant erosion of the service gives me no reason to think that the axe (pun intended) has finished falling yet.
I'm seriously going to have to take a look at my cable options in the near future.