cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to BBYW

N/A

Change to BBYW

I recently changed from PAYG to BBYW2 and my speeds have dropped right away and are never stable as they were on PAYG so I raised a ticket asking to have PAYG reinstated, I have been told yes it's possible then no it isn't possible and this has been going on since thursday. My last comment was that if I cannot return to PAYG I will change suppliers as I'm very unhappy with the service I'm getting, since then nothing.

Is there a chance this could be chased up please, my ticket number is 21873161, regards, Jack.
6 REPLIES
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Change to BBYW

N/A

Change to BBYW

To Nick Russell,

Thanks for your reply, there has been no response from anyone on the PN team either here or by answer to my question.Jack.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Change to BBYW

I am sure the official line is that it isn't possible since the old products are 'ring fenced', which means customers can't sign up or go back on them. I'd imagine that's what the CS agents have been trained to say.

However I'd imagine technically it is still possible, since it would be a case of changing a profile back, which have to be maintained for the customers still on the older products.

The postings from TBB seem to suggest this is the case.

Again (as I have already said today), you seem to get more information there than you do from the official PN site and forums.
N/A

Change to BBYW

I believe it can be done maunally, but its only offered in certain cases - I've no idea what criteria may apply though.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Change to BBYW

Yes that's what I thought James.
I would imagine they'd rather keep a customer and allow a change back, but who knows?

.. and my speeds have dropped right away and are never stable as they were on PAYG

Could clarify what you mean by that (e.g. what protocol you're using and the time of day). I'd be interested to hear, since it sounds like you've been hit by the higher level of traffic shaping and I wonder in what way.
N/A

Change to BBYW

All I normally use my internet for are email and browsing and some downloading of software, I'm a light user around 3G. a month. On PAYG my speeds were always around 5,500-5,700 kbps this is to give you an idea of what I'm getting now,

Today 15:19 2186 kbps (273.3 KB/s) 382 kbps (47.8 KB/s) Share
Today 07:52 4321 kbps (540.1 KB/s) 385 kbps (48.1 KB/s) Share
Yesterday 22:59 4342 kbps (542.8 KB/s) 384 kbps (48 KB/s) Share
Yesterday 22:58 2224 kbps (278 KB/s) 385 kbps (48.1 KB/s) Share
Yesterday 22:08 2206 kbps (275.8 KB/s) 384 kbps (48 KB/s) Share
Yesterday 20:22 4383 kbps (547.9 KB/s) 382 kbps (47.8 KB/s) Share

as I say I'm a light user but when I want to download I want to do it quickly, regards, Jack

PS The last answer to my ticket was at 12 noon on monday.