cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Usernames

N/A

Change of Usernames

Following the report on the security breach how long will it be before we know if/when usernames can be changed?
4 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Change of Usernames

Hi there,

Did you see this that was posted yesterday.

My understanding is that we will have a Help Assistant path set up early next week that will allow you to request a change of username.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Change of Usernames

Thank you Bob for your prompt reply. Have followed the link and noted the procedure. If anyone would prefer to use a Plusnet address instead of F9 would this be allowed or have any implications e.g. referrals?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Change of Usernames

Hi there,

I can't see there being a problem with this. The only thing extra it involves is having to place a modify order with BT to change the 'realm' you use to connect to broadband with.

Moving referrals is a PITA but it's no more difficult moving from PlusNet > PlusNet than it is F9 > PlusNet.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Change of Usernames

Just a note for anyone who wishes to change username following the webmail security breach. I set up a new account as advised but having read the pathway in Help Assistant found that this is not possible for those of us who use Plusnet/F9 telephone service. Perhaps I was a bit precipitate but I now realise that I needn't have bothered.