Change from Static IP to Dynamic IP?

Unfortunately not.
N/A

darn :x
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I don't know why you were asking, but were you aware that your rDNS could be changed? Would that help?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I don't know why you were asking, but were you aware that your rDNS could be changed? Would that help?

I dont know whats rdns, is just that I need it for downloading stuff from rapidshare (if you know what I mean) :lol:
gswindale
Grafter

So, as free users are monitored on the amount they download based on their IP address, whereas Premium account holders there use cookies rather than an IP check, you want Plus to change your account type to dynamic DNS to effectively abuse their service

Our system checks your IP-address in order to count the downloads. If you are getting this message and you really did not download anything, then you are using a proxy-server, which is used by other people as well. Even if you have no proxy-server set up in your configuration, there are many providers who force a transparent proxy-servers between you and the net. If you do not believe us, go to other pages telling you your IP-address (for example http://www.myipaddress.com.) But what can you do? You have to disable this proxy-server. If you are not able to disable the proxy-server, the only solution IS a Premium-account. Premium-users are recognized by cookies, not by IP-address. Unfortunately we cannot disable our IP-check, else people would download so much that we would have to close down this service completely. I hope you understand our situation in this matter.

Looking at the cost of a premium account, would it really hurt that much to pay for one?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The only product which offers a dynamic IP at present is Plus. We are considering offering a choice of Static or Dynamic but at the moment this isn't possible.