cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cease & Reprovide

N/A

Cease & Reprovide

Can someone please give me an update on this ticket: 10233542?

I'm anxious to get my ADSL back up and running and things seem to be moving along rather slowly from the comments on the ticket.

I realise that this is a lot to do with BT (and my confidence in them is rather low!) but the entries on the ticket make no sense to me and I requested someone explain them yesterday.

Many thanks,

Paul S.
7 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Cease & Reprovide

Hi,

You read the Internal comments right - Your connection is due to be activated on or before the 27th. The delay seems to have been caused because BTs systems did not recognise the postcode for your new house - It looks like a bug which they fixed when we spoke to them...

I will leave the ticket open for you, just to let the provisioning team doubel check everything!

Regards,

Ian
glyndev
Grafter

Re: Cease & Reprovide

I realise that this is a lot to do with BT (and my confidence in them is rather low!)
Many thanks,

Paul S.

I think that the only people that have any confidence in BT are the shareholders at dividend payout time.
N/A

Cease & Reprovide

Thanks for dealing with this Ian - i'm happy to check on the 27th.
Glyn is right though - BT are useless!

Paul S.
Ianwild
Grafter

Cease & Reprovide

There is a chance with this that the line will be active by Friday, but the 27th is the 'official' date...

Regards,

Ian
csogilvie
Grafter

Cease & Reprovide

There is some information on early activations included in the Before your ADSL is activated tutorial./
N/A

Cease & Reprovide

Ian - Friday would be good but I can cope with Tuesday!
Colin - Thnaks but my account is still active (I assume!) and i'll be looking for the connection to activate.

PS: Why the Linux PenguinHuh?

Paul S.
csogilvie
Grafter

Cease & Reprovide

The early activation relates to you being able to connect to PlusNet's ADSL realm whihc if your line is not active, I wouldn't have thought you could.

Why the penguin? I'm not really awfully sure why I chose Tux, but its also my display image in MSN Messenger. I suspect its just because I liked the image.