cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carry over of unused monthly allowance.

Community Veteran

I've just been looking at other ISPs in preparation for the changes to the premier packages next week.

Nildrem allows users to carry over their fair usage allowance for a max of one month at a time. Despite also having higher fair usage limits they give an example for 50gb limit. If only 30 gig is use one month the next months limit is 50gb plus the 20gb left from the months before. thats 70gb.

If plus net also introduced this it would may go some way to making up for the new lower limits.

Could this be considered.

After all if the usage is calculated on how much we pay we should be able to use it when we wish without it being taken from us. Mobile companies let you carry over minutes.

A
28 REPLIES
N/A

That would certainly help me - I very rarely exceed 10GB but when I do it would be handy to be able to use the some of the previous months unused amounts...
Ommin
Grafter

Re: Carry over of unused monthly allowance.

If plus net also introduced this it would may go some way to making up for the new lower limits.

Might be difficult to achieve as, given the way things are going, networks will be operating must closer to their design limits. It is all very well people not using their monthly limits but if sufficient numbers did that and then attempted to make use of it and their regular allowance the following month then it could place the platform under greater strain.

I am a PAYG customer who is currently on the 10GB Smart Deal package. Even although I only used 3.23GB last month I still consider it excellent value for money.

If I go out for a meal and elect not to finish my bottle of wine, I don't expect the restaurant to give me what was left in it the next time I return. Wink
N/A

If I go out for a meal and elect not to finish my bottle of wine, I don't expect the restaurant to give me what was left in it the next time I return. Wink

But I'd expect the bottle I ordered to be full before I start to drink it Cool
N/A

ask the waiter for the cork, take the bottle with you and drink it at your leasure :roll:
Ommin
Grafter

take the bottle with you and drink it at your leasure :roll:

Would you expect the restaurant to allow you in the following month for no other reason than to finish drinking the bottle of wine you purchased on your previous visit? Wink
N/A

And you only pay for your own drinks, and not everyone elses.
Community Veteran

your telling me that you leave alcohol Shocked :shock:
If you don't want it i'll glady take it! Tongue
Ommin
Grafter

your telling me that you leave alcohol Shocked :shock:

When did you last see a Scotsman not finish a drink. :lol:
N/A

I've just been looking at other ISPs in preparation for the changes to the premier packages next week.

Nildrem allows users to carry over their fair usage allowance for a max of one month at a time. Despite also having higher fair usage limits they give an example for 50gb limit. If only 30 gig is use one month the next months limit is 50gb plus the 20gb left from the months before. thats 70gb.

Could this be considered.

After all if the usage is calculated on how much we pay we should be able to use it when we wish without it being taken from us. Mobile companies let you carry over minutes.

A

I think it's a very sensible idea - but I think hell will freeze over first before it's introduced.
Community Veteran

very true hnimmo!

Anyway back to topic! I think this is a greally good idea but I can't see it being implimented somehow, however you never know!
Community Veteran

is there an ideas forum where this could be submitted to plusnet for consideration?. As it's getting close the refresh date though I don't imaging plusnet would want to start re-jigging things again who knows.

A
Community Veteran

there was but it became defunct! I think theres plans to revive it or something!

Would any of the CSC guys, Ian or Neil care to comment on this idea and what they think of it?
N/A

is there an ideas forum where this could be submitted to plusnet for consideration

Some of their staff seem to read this forum, so they can surely pass on any ideas. And if PlusNet won't listen to their staff, what chances are there they'll listen to us?
N/A

And why do think there's no ideas forum then? lol Wink

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]