Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carphone Warehouse, LLU and PlusNet

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi, all this talk of TalkTalk free Broadband has got me thinking...

I have the TalkTalk landline phone service and generally I am happy with it. I currently pay my line rental to BT and use PN for broadband.

There was talk of CPW talking on the line rental, when possible,. I've just started thinking this means them doing LLU on my line and that this would break any other services like by PlusNet broadband service.

Am I right here, is this something to be worried about ?

I wouldn't want CPW to start playing around with my line configuration without my say-so.
2 REPLIES
N/A

The carphone warehouse used to have you paying the line rental to BT and the call charges through themselves. However they changed it recently, so that you could pay the line rental straight to themselves. This would have no effect on your broadband line with Plus.net as technically it IS still a BT line and it is still a BT engineer that would call out to your house when you had a problem.

LLU is basically where a seperate internet company (CW, Tiscali, *Be, etc...) fir their own equipment in your telephone exhange alonside the BT equipment. They won't take you off the BT equipment unless you have a contract with them for your broadband and indeed if they did put their own equipment in your exchange and you had broadband through them, they would move you to their stuff because it would be cheaper for them to do so.

Plusnet has an agreement with Tiscali Retail that they can move customers across to use their equipment, however these customers are still with P.Net and the only difference for them is that they are on a Tiscali line, rather than BT.

But no, the CW shouldnt have any effect on your PNet connection.
Community Veteran

Plusnet has an agreement with Tiscali Retail that they can move customers across to use their equipment, however these customers are still with P.Net and the only difference for them is that they are on a Tiscali line, rather than BT.

WHOLESALE Shocked