cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carol Axe - another own goal.

rslsys
Grafter

I've just had a very nice (automail@plus.net) e-mail from Carol Axe reminding me that I can have a free up grade to "Up to 8Mb Broadband".
I have been on "Up to 8Mb" for the best part of a year now. Can PluNet not even check the data that have on their own user-base before sending out un-necessary "Spam" of this nature?
Next thing will be a service status posting warning of e-mail queues, most of which will have been internally generated.

*Rant Mode Off* :roll:
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

No email queues here Smiley

Apologies for your having received the email. It wasn't Carols fault. She doesn't actually send them, and it's possible there was a minor error in the dat set, which I'll chase now.
James
Grafter

You weren't meant to be emailed. However, there is someone that shares your contact email address. Maybe you set an account up for a friend?

However, they are not on max and the email was duly sent to the contact email address.
rslsys
Grafter

I always use one of my email addresses when setting up new clients on PlusNet. It means that I get a copy of any mails so I'm in the loop when the client rings up and asks what it means. It also enables me to be proactive in advising clients that their credit card details need updating etc. They are gonna ring me anyway and moan about how long they had to wait for their call to be answered so this helps to take the sting out of the situation

In the past you have always prefaced your "Informational" e-mails with either the account holder's name or their login name so it has been easy to work out who the intended recipient was. This particular communication was devoid of any such information and mine was the only e-mail address in the header :!:
James
Grafter

Not entirely sure why we didn't include any usernames in the main body of the email this time round. Whilst it won't affect you now obviously, I'll try to make sure that there are included in future email sends.