cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap Limit ? Static Ip ?

N/A

Cap Limit ? Static Ip ?

2 questions :

firstly is there a Cap on my service, i am on the £14.99 a month and initally when I signed up there was no cap of any sort. Has this changed ?

Secondly can I get a static ip ? and whats teh cost of this ?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Cap Limit ? Static Ip ?

There are 2 products @ 14.99 Broadband Plus and broadband PAYG. WHich one are you on?

1) If BB+, there is no cap but the product is heavily managed to stop you using lots of bandwidth. If PAYG, there is also no cap but you always pay for what you use.

2) If BB+, you cannot get a static IP, it is dynamic only*. If PAYG, you already have a static IP.

* PN may put you on a static IP to watch your connection usage more closely but it is not something you can ask for.
LiamM
Grafter

Cap Limit ? Static Ip ?

Assuming you are on the Broadband Plus service there are no set limits for your account as the product is managed on the network. (i.e. traffic is shaped to cause minimum impact on other users).

It is however still part of the Acceptable Usage Policy and terms and conditions which allow Plusnet to restrict you if they feel you are using the service in an unsustainable manner.

A number of the heaviest BB+ users were recently monitored for usage but nothing has not yet hapened to them and it's not clear at what usage levels Plusnet deem you as unsustainable.

These are a very select few of the highest users on the broadband plus service.

Unfortunately a static IP is not available on the Broadband Plus product. It has been raised as an idea in the past to offer it as an extra-cost feature but this has not yet been reviewed.

The only way to get a static IP is to change to the Broadband Premier or PAYG packages.
N/A

Cap Limit ? Static Ip ?

Liam, Peter sorry,

This thread has appeared on the boards LINK .
A user has described how he only used 9GB and 12 GB in any one month and was placed on a managed profile. He also explains how a CS rep told him the limit is around 5GB for BB+. I am not jumping to anything but I would rather tell users low usage until Plusnet have confirmed this.

Regards,
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Cap Limit ? Static Ip ?

Broadband Plus is designed as an entry level broadband account or an account designed for light usage with a fixed cost. As such heavy downloading isn't suitable on the account, and customers will see the connection get slower the more they download.

I'm writing a reply to clear things up which I should be able to post tomorrow (as I've been on holiday I want to check a couple of things first).
___oDiN__
Grafter

Cap Limit ? Static Ip ?

its ok saying that now but lots of people signed up with the no need to monitor your downloads and traffic is shaped to give priority for viop http email package which of course is now completely different how on earth plusnet can make such changed and of course not inform anyone is beyond me and proves in my opinion what a joke this isp is becoming
LiamM
Grafter

Cap Limit ? Static Ip ?

For the majority this is the case, but there will always be the few that try to abuse the service.

I would be seriously disappointed if Plusnet make any changes that affect more than 1 or 2% of the Plus userbase.

The AUP is there to protect PN and allows them to impose restrictions on products. You agree to this when you signup. No "unlimited" service is truely "unlimited".

I would like to see Plus remain as an unmetered but shaped, low-cost, entry-level service.
N/A

Cap Limit ? Static Ip ?

I agree, i prefere this unmetered yet a single shaping method that doesnt change, because lets face it, 5gb is a joke, i could probably go over this just playing guildwars and browsing