cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant work the e-mail, I need help

N/A

Cant work the e-mail, I need help

I've spent the last hour & more trying to work out how on earth I'm supposed to use the e-mail accounts.

Now I've setup a number of mail addresses, but non apart from the default seems to work.

When I try to log into any of the I keep getting a message saying

"We were unable to verify your details. Please check your username and password and try again"

Now the username & password are correct but I keep getting the message above. The instructions I had to check the mail for any new accounts I created were

"To collect mail addressed to new-mail-account@username.plus.com, log into
mail.plus.net with: username+new-mail-account, together with your new mailbox password. "

From this I typed the following as instructed above:

username+new-mail-account. And entered the password for the account. This did'nt work so I tried:

username@new-mail-account. And again entered the password for that account, which did'nt work.

Now as I set the account up correctly there must therefor be a reason why I cant login. Anyone know whats going wrong?.

Tom Jones

5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Cant work the e-mail, I need help

> I've spent the last hour & more trying to work out how on earth I'm supposed to use the e-mail accounts.
>
> Now I've setup a number of mail addresses, but non apart from the default seems to work.
>
> When I try to log into any of the I keep getting a message saying
>
> "We were unable to verify your details. Please check your username and password and try again"
>
> Now the username & password are correct but I keep getting the message above. The instructions I had to check the mail for any new accounts I created were
>
> "To collect mail addressed to new-mail-account@username.plus.com, log into
> mail.plus.net with: username+new-mail-account, together with your new mailbox password. "
>
> From this I typed the following as instructed above:
>
> username+new-mail-account. And entered the password for the account. This did'nt work so I tried:
>
> username@new-mail-account. And again entered the password for that account, which did'nt work.
>
> Now as I set the account up correctly there must therefor be a reason why I cant login. Anyone know whats going wrong?.
>
> Tom Jones
>
>
>
>
>
Hi,

The correct format to collect the mail is username+mailboxname with the password being the one for that specific mailbox. If the problem continues please raise a ticket to the support team via Contact Us and we can check that the mailboxes have been correctly setup.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

> I've spent the last hour & more trying to work out how on earth I'm supposed to use the e-mail accounts.
>
> Now I've setup a number of mail addresses, but non apart from the default seems to work.
>
> When I try to log into any of the I keep getting a message saying
>
> "We were unable to verify your details. Please check your username and password and try again"
>
> Now the username & password are correct but I keep getting the message above. The instructions I had to check the mail for any new accounts I created were
>
> "To collect mail addressed to new-mail-account@username.plus.com, log into
> mail.plus.net with: username+new-mail-account, together with your new mailbox password. "
>
> From this I typed the following as instructed above:
>
> username+new-mail-account. And entered the password for the account. This did'nt work so I tried:
>
> username@new-mail-account. And again entered the password for that account, which did'nt work.
>
> Now as I set the account up correctly there must therefor be a reason why I cant login. Anyone know whats going wrong?.
>
> Tom Jones
>
>
>
>
>

Tom,

Are you trying to log on via the portal or set up an outlook account ?
N/A

They are created ok, I can view them (all 3 of them) in the mailbox list no problems. It's the same with all of them I cant seem to login at all to use them & it's been more than 90 mins trying to sort this out.

I'm wandering just what I'm supposed to be typing in the loginn box?. The instructions suggest I insert "+" in between the user name & mailbox name. Can anyone clear this bit up for me?.

Tom Jones

Community Veteran

It should be username+mailbox name.

Bear in mind that the username and passwords are case sensative so make sure you do it correctly.

If you are using the portal use Mailbox login, not the WebMail link on the right hand side.

Chris
N/A

Yeah, got the hang of it in the end. Thanks guys, dunno what the problem was, prehaps a delay in them working or an error on my side?.

Hnn, as I've setup Plusnet on my other hdd I guess I should have few problems now?.

Tom Jones