cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upload to web page

N/A

New to plusnet and think it`s brilliant. Have started to refer loads of friends. Everything has been fine till today when
I have been trying all day to upload a small file to my webpage with Cute ftp. It keeps freezing. Is this something to do with plusnets problems with webpages?
Cheers
John
4 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Hi John,

I have been able to upload a few files from my home connection without problems so I am unsure what is causing this. You could try using ftp-proxy.plus.net as the hostname to see if this helps and also try using an alternative ftp client (I personally use leech FTP) to see if this helps.

You could also try at a less busy time of day (after 9pm) to make sure this isn't purely related to the cluster issues.

Regards,
N/A

Hi,
I tried leech ftp and it worked. Thanks for the help, though I cannot understand why cute should no longer work as it uploaded the website ok and I have been using it for quite a while with never a problem.
John
N/A

Hi,
I tried leech ftp and it worked. Thanks for the help, though I cannot understand why cute should no longer work as it uploaded the website ok and I have been using it for quite a while with never a problem.
John

This is interesting, as I was posting exactly the same problem the other day (with CuteFTP). In the end I thought I would wait until my migration had completed.

I will try this as well now I know.
vic_newey
Grafter

make sure your firewall permits access to any FTP site you use, I had similar prob until I reconfigured firewall