cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upgrade

MadBob
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

Just been told that I cannot get an upgrade above 512Mbit on the exchange I am on so I would like suggestions as to what cheaper package to go for as I don't see any point in paying £22 a month for this dated service any longer.
15 REPLIES
N/A

Cannot upgrade

What are your line stats? I was told the same but had a manual order placed on the understanding that if it didn't work to an acceptable level I would have to pay to downgrade again. So far the connection is great Smiley , shame I can't say the same about current levels of service though Sad

Mark
MadBob
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 576 kbps 288 kbps
Line Attenuation 51 db 15.5 db
Noise Margin 31 db 24 db
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Cannot upgrade

Hi,

Those line stats should let you have 1Mbps, 2Mbps needs to have the downstream attenuation below 43dB so it's out of limits for that but 1Mbps should be OK. Raise a ticket and the support team will give it a try for you.
MadBob
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

Ahh that pre-empts my next question Smiley

I got an email at 20:03 saying ...

We recently attempted to upgrade the speed of your broadband service for free.

Unfortunately your phone line was unable to support a faster speed than your existing service. This was confirmed after a series of line tests.

And another at 22:01 saying ...

Great news! We're attempting to upgrade the speed of your broadband service to 2Mb for free, at no extra cost per month.

The upgrade will be made between 2005-11-11 - 2005-11-18 and you don't need to do a thing!

Which was slightly confusing
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Cannot upgrade

Ah, I wonder if it tried 2Mbps first, realised it wasn't possible and rejected it and retried at 1Mbps. I think best thing is to wait until the 19th and if it hasn't been done raise a ticket and we'll try it manually for you to 1Mbps at no charge.
MadBob
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

Nothing heard from F9 since the email so do I assume the upgrade either wasn't attempted or failed?
JonathanW
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

Hi,

In your particular case, it would appear that the regrade was attempted but failed. This would match up with the details returned by the BT Availability Checker
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Cannot upgrade

Further to Jon's comments, based on your line stats I've put a manual regrade in for you. It might take up to a week to go through, but it should be definitive as to whether you can get a faster speed.
MadBob
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

Thank you
MadBob
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

I have heard nothing about the regrade?

Open : **Internal**
Regrade 1-89V8HX submitted and due by 25/11/05 (H1000)
JonathanW
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

Hi,

I've taken a look, and it does appear that the order has now completed. However, I've added a comment onto your ticket, and would suggest you read the full response there.
MadBob
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

Thanks I have read but not really understood.

This has now completed for you. However, in order to ensure that your account on our side is running at the same speed as your line, we need to move you to the newer version of the Premier package. There will be no charge for this, and none of your account features will change. Please could you just confirm that this is acceptable, and we'll get things sorted out for you.

Regards,

JWhiting

What I would realy like to know if it's not too much trouble is what WILL change, I would hate to agree to move and then find I have lost some feature that I originally have from my long standing account "terms and conditions"
JonathanW
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

From your point of view, the only thing that will change will be that you'll have spam and antivirus features included with your account. The only other difference is on the backend, as the change is required in order to allow us to increase the maximum speed on the account itself.

As for the terms and conditions, you're covered by the same T's & C's as the new Premier account, after the recent change in September.
MadBob
Grafter

Cannot upgrade

OK as I am already covered by the new T&C's and nothing else is different I am happy to change the account as you suggested, let me know if I have to raise a ticket for this.

Cheers.