cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive emails on Outlook Express!!

N/A

Sorry for such a boring topic folks but I have set up a mail account on OE and can send emails OK but cannot receive emails. I get the error message Ox8000CCC92 'login details not recognised' etc Sad

I have carefully checked and re-checked my account details and re-entered them (several times) and gone thought the trouble-shooting pages etc but still no joy. Any help would be much appreciated. :roll:

Paul
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi Paul,

Could you confirm what settings you are using for your mailbox? Obviously don't tell us what your password is, but if you could let us know what other settings you are using, we may well be able to help.
Community Veteran

Are you trying to access your default mailbox or a named mailbox you have setup?

If the default, the login name will be your username and the password your portal password.

If a named mailbox e.g. fred, the login name will be paulnp+fred and the password will be whatever you setup when you created the mailbox.

the pop3 server is mail.plus.net.
N/A

Re: Cannot receive emails on Outlook Express!!

Thank you both for your help. Think there has been confusion between account login and BB login. Seems to be working OK now.
Regards Paul
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Good to know you got it working. Shout up if you have any more questions.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team