cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to webspace through FTP

N/A

Yesterday I was moving stuff over from the old CGI to new CGI server and had to reboot in the process. Now I cannot connect to any of my CGI or normal webspace. Is there a problem on my side or with the servers?
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

It's working OK for me and I haven't seen any other reports of problems. What errors are you getting? Have you tried a different ftp client (try Internet Explorer or via command line as a test)?
N/A

It just says Connecting to cgi.plus.net -> DNS=cgi.plus.net IP=212.159.3.3 PORT=21. I was using FlashFXP but have now installed BulletProof but still no luck. I've even removed Sygate Firewall, still no luck. The FTP client connects to other sites that I have bookmarked.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Are you connecting from a PlusNet connection?

Also just try ftp://username:password@cgi.plus.net in Internet explorer (replacing username and password as appropriate) and see if that works.
N/A

No luck connecting through IE. After a while I get this message Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you have typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details: the operation timed out
N/A

I also found a few other FTP sites that I should be able to connect but cannot. Really strange as I can connect to some FTP servers.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Strange. If it's only happened since rebooting, then I'd suggest rebooting again (both router and PC). I can't think of anything on our side that would block some FTP sites.
N/A

I've uninstalled all programs that might have interfered with the connection and nothing helped. My computer has been running very slow for some time now so decided to just reinstall everything and it has fixed it.