cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Order

N/A

Cancelling Order

I'd like to cancel my current in progress adsl order.

I've heard bad things from friends on the premier and web plus packages since these changes were made and I am not particularly impressed with recent news regarding plus net

I've raised a ticket to cancel the order, is this the right way to cancel it?

Simon
36 REPLIES
N/A

Cancelling Order

Indeed, raising a ticket is the correct way.

For the quickest responce, you need to have followed the correct path in the ticket system for cancellations. Using the general method can delay this.

Your request is however taken, from the time you submit it, so even if delayed, the onus is on them now.

Can I ask what specific parts you are unhappy about?
N/A

Cancelling Order

A very wise person.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Cancelling Order

What a shame - you're walking away from the best ISP I've ever used (and at 52 I've been doing this a lot longer than a lot of the moaners who've put you off)

I'd say give it a chance, I just don't see or experience what they post over and over and go on and on about :?:
N/A

Cancelling Order

I ordered on the recommendation of a clan mate. The day after I ordered I saw the furor on the register and was concerned. I wanted to get both sides of the story so I read the threads on adslguide and here and whilst I was concerned by the actions and *alleged response of plus net, I resolved to wait as my clan mate was very happy with his internet.

Last night I spoke to my clan mate who was very unhappy with his internet connection since the new 'bandwidth shaping' had come into affect and he is moving his adsl now.

I am not a massive downloader of anything by any stretch of the imagination but I don't see why I should have my traffic shaped, regardless of tariff or connection.

I also am leaving NTL (been with them 4 years) after 3 1/2 weeks of trying to sort out a replacement faulty modem. I am not prepared to risk another ISP whose reputation is being undoubtedly tarnished.

n.b I say alleged cos I didn't hear either phone conversation. I by no way think that anything has been made up, I simply haven't seen proof and don't wish to incite or escalate a situation which has clearly seen enough press.

I will say that as a prospective customer I was dismayed to see this issue resolved in the manner it was. After being an NTHell customer I just don't want to risk more hassle with my internet connection. All I want is a simple always on internet connection with the ability for me to download my (legitimately owned) cds to and from my ftp at work (I like music whilst I work and am lucky enough to work for a company who don't mind me doing it)

Cheers

Simon
Community Veteran

Cancelling Order

The trouble is - with the new method of deffering up front fees, "giving it a chance" means sticking around for five years if the OP wants to take advantage of "free conection" or something similar.

Just out of curiosity how exactly does being 52 mean you have been dealing with broadband ISP's for longer than many others? Domestic Broadband has really only been around a few years?

I have to say that the current policies from PN of not informing overpaying customers, the spin, traffic shaping on premier and the proposition of idle timeouts on other broadband products has made me very twitchy.

I am still here as I can still use the net, the service is pretty fast and it meets my requirements - as soon as any of the above factors or any other changes affect my service, then I'll be off.

Having said that though, the way this company has treated two customers recently, and the way it spins "idle timeouts" as PN being "pioneers", and the non information situation has given me cause to shop around - unfortunatley this excercise has been temporarily suspended due to my router going duff over the holiday weekend - when its back up and running I shall be shopping around again.

My main factor when chosing PN some years ago was the price, but as I now earn considerably more than I did when choosing my ISP - the cost is now of little importance, it is the actual quality of service that is of primary concern, and if I am brutally honest I have serious concerns over PN's future ability to deliver a quality service when they have to undertake such drastic measures such as traffic shaping and timeouts on broadband products.
N/A

Cancelling Order

and at 52 I've been doing this a lot longer than a lot of the moaners who've put you off

Yer still in nappies mate Ive forgotten what it was like to be so young.
N/A

Cancelling Order

Hi guys

how long should it take before I see movement on my cancellation? I haven't had any response to the ticket yet and I don't think I can order from anywhere else seeing as my order has progressed to line activation.

I can understand that I will have to pay for the activation of the line but I am assuming that's all I need to pay? I have no Modem from Plus yet and the terms and conditions were changed as I placed my order.

Simon
rammie1976
Grafter

Cancelling Order

I am not a massive downloader of anything by any stretch of the imagination but I don't see why I should have my traffic shaped, regardless of tariff or connection....

So shouldn't traffic-shaping be in your best interest? stopping excessive peak-time d/ling from affecting your speeds?

I'm on BB+ 1mb, (free upgrade) with speeds averaging 970k/s (or whatever unit) according to the speedtester, for £15/month - magic!!! Cheesy
N/A

Cancelling Order

If I want to FTP my cd that I have ripped at work to my home pc and I get 11kb/s (which a friend was getting when he was trying to reinstall stuff over the weekend) that's in my best interest?

Irrespective of that (perhaps my friend was mistaken) they are shaping p2p now, what if plus then decide to shape other things?

If you're happy with plus I am glad, I am not knocking your choice, they're not for me. I just need to get this cancelled so I can move to a different ISP.

Simon

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Full quote of post directly preceding this one removed as it's unnecessary]
rammie1976
Grafter

Cancelling Order

....they are shaping p2p now, what if plus then decide to shape other things?

If you're happy with plus I am glad, I am not knocking your choice, they're not for me. I just need to get this cancelled so I can move to a different ISP.

Simon

Fair does....its just that a lot of ISP's seem to be doing somesuch, or have set limits. I migrated in from Pipex on the day they announced their traffic management plans!! Smiley
N/A

Cancelling Order

Irrespective of that (perhaps my friend was mistaken) they are shaping p2p now, what if plus then decide to shape other things?

They're shaping P2P on products that were advertised as "not suitable for P2P or large binary transfers" - or words to that effect.
hitachi
Grafter

Cancelling Order

stams, if you are paying the activation anyway you might as well let the process finish, then you can migrate to another provider without having to pay another activation charge.Who knows when you get it you might like it.
N/A

Cancelling Order

stams, if you are paying the activation anyway you might as well let the process finish,

Why? this doesn't make sense.
Because if you choose another ISP and you are happy with them and they offer free connection then you won't ever have to pay the £58.75

If the OP goes with Plusnet and wants to leave within 5 years they will have to pay something back.
N/A

Cancelling Order

Hello Folks

Despite me cancelling the order 2 days ago today my ticket was escalated and hardware was dispatched.

What on earth is that about? I have raised a ticket to cancel yet someone sends the hardware out anyway?

I'll be honest, the lack of feedback on the ticket and the dispatch of hardware have confirmed my decision to quit, I just hope they don't expect me to pay for a modem that was sent out 2 days after I cancelled the order.

S.