cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Direct Debit when payment is about to be taken...

N/A

An interesting one here...

Yesterday (3rd) it was my billing date. I had the email through reminding me that the monthly direct debit would be taken, and it said "Please note - It is important that your payment details are valid and you have sufficient funds in your account on 05/01/2007 as failure to do so will result in your PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1 (Monthly Contract, No Modem) account being disabled."

Today (4th) I've migrated to another ISP.

Which raises the question: so what if my "PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1 (Monthly Contract, No Modem)" account is disabled - I'm no longer getting broadband from PlusNet... Whilst I'm still a customer (I still have some "free" services with PlusNet, but not subscription ones), I could quite easily no longer be a customer of PlusNet's and honestly not care about the account being disabled.

I'm not suggesting that I'd do this, but I think it's an interesting one. Could users such as myself, who have migrated out before the date that the Direct Debit payment is going to be attempted?
8 REPLIES
James
Grafter

You would still need to pay monies due under the 30 day notice period.

If the DD fails, you would be notified, but let me know if it does, and I'll sort out something pro rata for you, if required.
N/A

I am in the same boat I request my mac code on 5th December, my migration has taken place and I am now on my new ISP, surely PlusNet have no grounds to charge me for another month? (Tomorrow)
James
Grafter

If the direct debit transaction has already started, it would be unwise to cancel it, as this would show up as debt against your account.

I would however have no issues refunding the full amount for you though.
N/A

Its a credit card transaction, I'd much prefer the payment just not to be taken Smiley
James
Grafter

In that case....

Should now be sorted.
N/A

Payment due?

I have moved to another isp and would like all payments to Plusnet to stop. Can you please stop such transactions from taking place on my account too? Payment is due on the 29th of this month.

Regards - Mark
Mand
Grafter

I've replied to your ticket for you.
N/A

Thanks

Regards - Mark