cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Broadband

N/A

Cancelling Broadband

Hi,

I wish to cancel my PlusNet account - I am on the Premier Monthly plan and paid the inital set-up fee of £58. Does this mean cancelling my contract this month I will have to pay the first month in full, of £21.99, or do I have to pay an additional fee to cancel?

Thanks
8 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Cancelling Broadband

Hi,

If you're on a monthly contract, and didn't take the deferred activation offer, then you can cancel without having to pay anything other than fees due during your 30 day notice period. All you have to do is raise a link:Contact Us ticket.
Community Veteran

Cancelling Broadband

Jon, wouldn't the plusnet garuntee void the notice period?
N/A

Cancelling Broadband

Am I right in thinking that monthly migration customers wont actually benefit from the "plusnet guarantee" as it still costs them the same if the cancel in the 45 days or out of it?
JonathanW
Grafter

Cancelling Broadband

Hi,

The PlusNet Guarantee still requires the 30 day notice period for a migration out.

As for monthly migration customers, they would still beneift from the Guarantee if their new ISP charges them to migrate the connection in.
Community Veteran

Cancelling Broadband

Yip, fair enough.

i suspect there must be some legal thing but 30 days notice isn't bad by the time the new provider is chosen and signed up to.
N/A

Cancelling Broadband

So to clarify, my request will be processed within 30days? So if I wish to migrate to a differen't ISP when do I let them know/forward on my MAC key etc?

Also during the cancellation process does PlusNet still provide service? In other words is it possible to use the internet during the 30 day period?
Community Veteran

Cancelling Broadband

You have to request your MAC within 45 days of joining and your 30 day notice period starts from that request date. You thn have 30 days to use your MAC to migrate to another ISP, during which time any normal monthly fees will be taken as detailed in the T&C of your product.

After you have migrated out, you can ask for a refund of any paid days after the 30 day notice period.

Your broadband connection remains and is not cut off during this period. The migration itself usually only results is a loss of connection for a few minutes.
N/A

Cancelling Broadband

Thank you for your help. I have found the customer service of PlusNet exemplory, however, the same cannot be said for the internet speeds or connection reliability.