cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Email adress

photoynnad
Dabbler

Cancelled Email adress

I am getting a lot of replies to a#emails that I have never sent.so deleted thar adress from my records but I am still getting this silly correspondence to that adress. Why. How can i get emails to an adress that I Do Not Now Have. That adress is username@username.f9co.uk and i amstill able to access that by webmail.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Cancelled Email adress

Sounds like you still have the catch all address. If you set up the mailboxes that you want in the email settings ara of the portal, you can then ask F9 to blackhole all mail that comes to non specifically addressed accounts.

Is this what you were looking for?

Mark
N/A

Cancelled Email adress

Hello dannybrannigan,

Yes! I would agree with Mark, this is a common problem that lots of users encounter. First of all when you set-up your account with F9 you get a default (primary) email box on the email server, this is whats known as a catchall account so email sent to yourname@username.f9.co.uk will be collected but so will for example sales@username.f9.co.uk or hobbies@username.f9.co.uk and anythingelse@username.f9.co.uk and thats the problem.

One way around this is for you to set-up specific email boxes (you can do this as mark said via the F9 portal email settings) only you will know these exsist, such as john@username.f9.co.uk or jenny@username.f9.co.uk etc. Then ONLY give out the real or specific new email address to those people you want to still receive mail from. Next you can ask F9 support to blackhole (void anything else that is sent to your catchall old email address, this in effect means you should never get any more junk) your old catch all email account/address. Hope I have explained this OK and that it makes sense.

**Another option might be to use a software program like MailWasher Pro, this is a wonderfull anti spam package that allows you to see your emails "on the server" BEFORE! you have to download anything. And the best bit is you can also delete any junk,spam or virus stuff directly OFF the server so you only receive the actual email you want. If you go for something like mailwasher the benefit is you dont have to change any F9 settings as it works independantly.

**Personally I'd only go for the blackholing option as the total last resort (I havent needed to blackhole anything yet as I use mailwasher).

http://www.mailwasher.net/

or

http://www.firetrust.com

Ivan
photoynnad
Dabbler

Cancelled Email adress

Mark and Ivan thank you very much for your explananations and assistance.I think the way I want to go is to use my second email adress and have the original blackholed.
Ivan as far as the mailwasher is concerned my present system lets me see everything then i can select and send to the trash can without opening but it is a bore having to do it. I would just rather not see them.
thanks again it is very kind of you both.

Danny.