cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled DD No More BB

N/A

Cancelled DD No More BB

My Husband cancelled the DD for my plus-net account and now i am told that the account is disabled and i will have to pay a recon fee of £64 or sign up with a new fee account. New user name will be needed.
What can i do, nobody emailed me about this, although i did have a strange email from some auto BOT. I did not know what this meant. Please help me i don't want to lose my user name but don't want to pay £64 to reconnect, the BB has been disconnected from the exchange now as the light on my modem is flashing. I don't want to move from Plus-net i have been on here for over 1 yr.

Thanks for any help, now using dial-up AAAHHHH
user name is mccormick425
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Cancelled DD No More BB

PlusNet send more than one email warning before taking this level of action. Why did you not at least question them when you recieved an email and did you not notice the fact that you where no longer paying for the service? How come he cancelled the direct debit anyway?

From the sounds of things the situation has reached a stage that BT have disconnected it at the exchange, whatever you do now whether staying with PlusNet or finding a new ISP will probably involve an activation charge.

Chris
N/A

Cancelled DD No More BB

Perhaps Bob or Dave will be able to read through the comments raised on your account and give you a better understanding of how this has happened.
I agree though that since PN and BT have both disabled your account, it is now unlikely that either would re-instate it for free.
I reckon that having to pay for the re-connection may be the best offer you will get.
How long has it been since the DD was cancelled? For it to get to this stage I imagine it has been quite a while, so the money you have saved should go some way towards paying for the re-connection.
Assuming you get re-connected with PN, I would have thought somebody could pull some strings to allow you to keep your previous username.
Just try to look on the bright side, at least you didn't have an account where there were termination charges which could be added to the bill (original activation, hardware etc)
N/A

Cancelled DD No More BB

Shockedops: He cancelled it because he was being a jerk. My payment should have gone through on the 25th June and i went online to after this date to be met with a page saying that my account was stopped please pay Shockedops: . So i went to the payment details page and tried to set it up again and it said payment pending and plus-net never took the money from my account. i had an email on Sunday from the bot thing saying some kind of gobbledygook and now this morning i could not log on and then this afternoon the modem light started to flash. How many people have their phone cut off from not paying the bill on time, i was up to date with it apart from this once and i did try to pay it online and thought it was all OK as the page led me to believe so, as i was able to use the internet again the payment still says pending on it now.
holdtight
Grafter

Cancelled DD No More BB

Thats nearly a month and in that time you must have had more than just an email from "some bot thing" which said what exactly ?

+net are usualy very good about DD payments not being able to be taken and will try again if the funds are not available they will then contact you to try to get to the bottom of whats happening before taking the last resort steps they and BT have taken now, you must have had more contact than you have mentioned here

i too agree with Chris and James and can only see paying for reactivation as your only option now
as for your username this is something you will have to talk to plusnet about but as its not being used i dont see why not but there is a chance it stays in the database for some time so will show as being used, maybe Chris can verify this if known
N/A

Cancelled DD No More BB

Usernames once created, are never deleted.

Old usernames can be resurected from the dead (changed to PAYG dialup) by customers support, provided security questions taken from the account information can be answered.

It should be no problem then to say upgrade this PAYG Dialup account to Broadband.
craigbrass
Grafter

Cancelled DD No More BB

Yea, and then you should be able to take advantage of the "You Stay We Pay" offer invoving no activation charges.