cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

N/A

Cancellation

support@plus.net

Could I trouble you to relay the message to your support and billing team as I had problem raising a ticket. All I want is to cancel my subscription but I believe I deserve a credit that service was not provided until 14 Sep 06.

I do not understand your proposed charges
1. Cancellation Charge of £47.00 – agreed and noted
2. Cancellation Charge of £25.00 – installation – agreed and noted
3. Charge of £15.99 –The normal monthly fee is £14.99 and not £15.99. In addition, I have given you the 30 days notice as required on 14 December 2006 via email

Could you please let me have a MAC Key. I have not had a alternative provider lined up but would like a MAC key for furture purposes. I hope PLUSnet could do the honouable thing and release me without further hiccups.

You have charge me for BROADBAND connection for the following periods:
Upon connection a fee of £14.99
and £14.99 for each of Month beginning 14 Sep 14 Oct 14 Nov 14 Dec

However, I have experienced problems with your connection and your connection was not properly provided until mid - September 2006. My problems is well documentated on your log. I believe you should not charge me for the connection until month beginning 14 Sep 2006.

As a result, I believe the final bill should be as follows:
a) cancellation fee £47.00
b) activation fee £25.00
c) LESS connection charge deducted on 8 July 2006 (£14.99).

Please confirm

Regards
Grace tsang
Tuesday, 09 January 2007

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Changed title from all caps as per link:rules
16 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Cancellation

Hi,

As the fee for your invoice has been taken, if we were to take your 30 day notice period from December 13th, when you made your cancellation request, the fee would be £72.

Not sure where the £15.99 came from, may have been related to the 30 days notice expiring on a weekend, which causes the system to give the next working day when calculating cancellation charges.

What's with the caps on the thread title? I'm not that blind Wink
N/A

CANCELLATION

Dear James Bailey
Please let me have MAC key – I am going with SKY broadband
I note you have failed to give credit to the following:
a) £14.99 deducted upon order was placed
b) BROADBAND service did not start until mid September

Please confirm charges to be deduced will be
£47 + £25 - £14.99 = £57.01

Sorry about the banner – you know – I am still not able to familrise with your screen AND I do not know how to raise a ticket.

Yours sincerely
Grace Tsang
January 10, 2007 9.55 a.m. :roll:
James
Grafter

Cancellation

If you confirm that you are okay with the charges, I am happy to refund one months service to your card and to then charge £72 as discussed.

Please ensure that your card details are uptodate and I'll process the MAC request.
N/A

Cancellation

Dear James Bailey

Please refund £14.99 then deduct £72.00

My credit card details is up-to-date. You have just deducted £14.99 on 14 Dec 2006 for the monthly service of 14Dec06 to 13Jan07.
I await my MAC key.

Grace Tsang
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
James
Grafter

Cancellation

Right, I've done the financial stuff.

Unfortunately there's an issue generating the MAC key - there's an open fault with BT currently about this.

We'll keep on trying.
N/A

cancellation

Dear James Bailey
I got a message from Link:CSA Removed who GAVE me a MAC KEY.
However, he said that “this should be given to your new ISP and will enable them to migrate your service. Please note that unless this is used within 30 days, we will continue to bill you for your service and you will need to re-apply for a new MAC Key.”

Why:
a) I have already told you to terminate service – why did you keep on billing me – this is not part of terms and conditions of contract

b) Must I decide now to activate a new ISP.

Please let me know
GRACE
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3.45 p.m.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Agents name removed. You are not allowed to post them here. Link:rules
Zathras
Grafter

Cancellation

Once youve migrated(used the mac) you then tell plusnet and they refund what they owe you.
Some people ask for mac's but dont use them( changed theyre minds for example) so they just expire and they continue with plusnet.
James
Grafter

Cancellation

Hi,

We continue billing you as you are continuing to use our service.

Only a small proportion, roughly 30% of people that request a MAC Key, and if we froze connections for all those that requested MAC Key's then we would get an influx of complaints.

Your account is downgraded once your migration has completed.

I think you're blowing this out of proportion somewhat.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Cancellation

Plusnet don't know what day your new service kicks in - unless you tell them and as said a lot of people request MAC codes and then don't use them.

Also if there are unexpected delays in your transfer (e.g. Sky who got such an influx at the beginning of their offer that they could not transfer people within 30 days) you will not be left without any service. As long as your new ISP uses the MAC code within 30 days, it doesn't matter if completion of your transfer takes longer.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

cancellation

Dear James Bailey
PLUSNET notiffy me today they will charge me £14.99 for period from
14Jan07 to 13Feb07, as I have notified you to terminate the subscription on 13Dec06, which you have acknowledged.
Could you please update your account. I reluctantly have to use your forum because I have tried to send a mail to your support but the mail was returned unsend

Please notify me via email at my usual email address
Grace – a reluctant user
Monday, January 15, 2007
James
Grafter

Cancellation

Has your outgoing migration completed?
N/A

cancellation

No

Dear James Bailey
I am happy not to receive any BROADBAND and I do not wish to receive any BROADBAND service from PLUS NET.

Your email address spport@plusnet.com will not receive my incoming email, In the event I could not longer communicate with you via the user forum, could you let me have an alternative email address.

I confirm migration has yet to complete

A Reluctant User
Grace Tsang
Monday, January 15, 2007 5.01 p.m.
James
Grafter

Cancellation

Your access to the online ticketing system will remain active.

You have to continue paying us until your ADSL service has been transferred. We have to continue paying BT until your service has been transferred to your new ISP. We can arrange any due refund after the migration has completed.
N/A

Cancellation

this is not acceptable - please refer me to the terms & conditons which said i must paid you until migration to my new ISP is complete
Grace
A reluctuant user