cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

N/A

Cancellation

I am not having any problems with PlusNet, just don't want to pay over the odds unecessarily and as a Sky subscriber Sky are offering a great new service for £10 a month for up to 16MB with a full wireless set up for free.

I am not turning that down.

If I use the cancellation option on the help assistant, can I submit a question regarding a cancellation fee etc. without actually going through with the cancellation until I say so? And, if I get the MAC, am I still connected to PlusNet until Sky bring me over to them? I want to avoid being without the internet for any significant period of time.

Help, details, advice, please? Smiley
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Cancellation

yup, just raise a question via the help assistant requesting your mac. CS will then advise you of any outstanding charges on you account upon payment of these (if there are any) you will be issued with a MAC key. Give this to sky and you will be transferred to the sky service. Downtime is minimal and usually in the early hours of the morning and your plusnet service shouldn't be disconnected until your sky one is connected. Also it is advisable to raise a ticket upon completion of the migration as BT don't always tell plusnet it has been completed.
N/A

Cancellation

Also, I don't what you like to download, but make sure you read the Sky FUP before moving. It was rediculous last time I looked.
N/A

Cancellation

Had a quick scan through the SKY T's and C's and they don't seem too restrictive. Have to admit that they can't supply me yet so I didn't spend too much time reading, but once they can upply me, you can be sure I'll be giving them a proper eyeball, and perhaps some serious consideration.
N/A

Cancellation

Also, I don't what you like to download, but make sure you read the Sky FUP before moving. It was rediculous last time I looked.

I don't it's unreasonable at all. I am currently getting "unlimited" bandwidth from PlusNet. As long as you don't consistently hog loads of the bandwidth meaning other customers are less disadvantaged you won't be effected by the FUP, and this means being reasonable with the amount of large files you download and use of P2P networks.
N/A

Cancellation

"Unlimited" - that old chestnut...

Oh No your're not..... etc etc
N/A

Cancellation

I mean the last time I read Sky's FUP it said something stupid like 2GB a month limit! (Like Orange's "Free" broadband) It seems that Sky have already changed it however.
Community Veteran

Cancellation

squidgey - depends upon the package...
N/A

Cancellation

Can anbody actually find a figure for Sky's definition of 'Fair'?
I have found this article, which avoids giving any sort of limits or suggestion thereof.
I'd be V. Tempted by Max for ten earth pounds per month - they even give you a wireless router to put on eBay by the look of it!
I may even try to swing Sky at work to save cash on connectivity! LMAO :lol:
shellsong
Grafter

Cancellation

I must say it sounds as though Sky need to be avoided until they give some indication of what "fair usage" means-- they sound very PlusNet to me! Tongue

If after we have sent you the first email your usage continues to be excessive, we will contact you again by email to ask you to reduce you usage. If after a reasonable period of time your usage still remains excessive then we may do one or more of the following things by notice in writing:
(a) impose a monthly usage cap on your use of Sky Broadband which you must not exceed;
(b) pair your use of Sky Broadband with other users in the same excessive usage category as you;
(c) charge you fair and reasonable costs for your usage (and any reasonable administration costs) in excess of your Usage Cap;
(d) suspend your use of Sky Broadband for the relevant month; or
(e) end your Contract in accordance with Condition 11 of your Contract.