cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation query

N/A

Cancellation query

Can anyone answer a cancellation query for me please?
My payment to plus.net is due on the 30th of each month; although the cancellation period is 1 month, realistically how long does it take for BT to remove ADSL from the phone line?
I plan on cancelling with plus.net on the current phone line and moving to another ISP on the other BT line we have in the house.
I intend on submitting a cancellation request on the 30th and a few days later, applying for a connection with a new ISP.
My overall thinking is to allow time for the new ISP to activate the line before BT kill of my existing plus.net connection.

Thanks

Darran.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Cancellation query

Can't you migrate to your new ISP? The way you're doing it seems a little odd to me :?
N/A

Cancellation query

As Daniel suggests, you probably want to migrate your ADSL to your new ISP, the route is the same as canceling however.
Click the 'Help & Support' link at the top of the portal, then select 'Contact Us'
'New query' -> Account Changes -> Cancel/Migrate my account and follow the rest of the wizard until you reach your goal.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Andrew D Wiles
N/A

Cancellation query

but he seems to have a second line in the house. dont you have to have a new connection for a differnet line.
N/A

Cancellation query

I want to kill off one of the phone lines.
I can't migrate because I am going to change the type of connection I have.
Can anyone from plus.net clarify the actual time it takes for a cancellation to complete?

Darran