cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation help!

Cos2005
Dabbler

Cancellation help!

I wish to cancel my broadband package within the next 7 days, I am not prepared to pay the migration fee for moving house.

link:CSA Removed CSC Analyst 1:39pm, Friday 5th January 2007

Dear Mr *****,
In oprder to cancel an account we need 30 days notice and all monies cleared from the account. Currently thats Subscription charge covering period between next invoice and scheduled Cancellation date (21 days) £15.39 Deferred Activation £37.60 Deferred Hardware £20.00 Deferred House Move £47.00 Total £119.99

Please ensure your credit card details are up to date and reply to this ticket to confirm.

Fair do's that I have to give 30 days, I just wanna cancel so why the hell do I have to pay 120 pounds!?

[Moderators Note by Daniel (no7olivier) Removed CSA Name As Per The link:rules]
6 REPLIES
N/A

Cancellation help!

Since joining PN have you moved house? If so the cost of this is deferred. Interestely you already have deferred fees so are these two deferred payments run consecutively or concurrently?
Community Veteran

Cancellation help!

Hi There,

Unfortunately you will have agreed to this in the terms and conditions when you signed up. You stay- we pay

If you had stayed 5 years there would be no cost left to you other than the remainder of the notice periods' service.

Plusnet basically pay the cost of what BT Wholesale charge them (£47 for new activations and house move) and don't pass the cost to you if you stay. The same goes for the hardware charges too.

Oh, as a polite request I'd suggest you remove the CSC Agents name from your post as it's against the Forum Rules

Kind regards,

Roger.
Cos2005
Dabbler

Cancellation help!

Hang on, I signed up to a monthly contract not an annual contract? If I had a spare hour I would ring up and speak to an advisor
James
Grafter

Cancellation help!

Hi,

You are indeed on a monthly contract. However, as you are required to give us 30 days notice, any paymetns that are due under this period arr calculated in this fee.

The other charges refer to activation fees which we have paid BT on your behalf, and the cost of the modem we sent you.
N/A

Cancellation help!

I'm in the same situation (even had a monthly contract), I had no idea that I had deferred payments, my boyfriend signed me up to Plusnet as I had no Internet access at work & he is as shocked as I am. I also wasn't aware that it would cost £47 to move the broadband to my new line at my new address. I've learnt a lot the hard way. I've cancelled, paid off a ridiculous bill & was planning to sign up with a new ISP asap UNTIL I was told that the Broadband would still be on the line for another month! Unbelievable! I look forward to the day I can have Internet access at home again!
Good luck with trying to get through to an adviser on the phone, it takes ages & you have to pay for the call!
James
Grafter

Cancellation help!

Hi there,

You have to look into the way that we are charged by BT for providing an ADSL line.

We are charged £47 (previously £58.75) to get BT to activate your telephone line with broadband, hence the £47 charge you've referenced to.