cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation fee!!!

N/A

Cancellation fee!!!

So i want to leave plusnet which i sent an email regarding this, only to be told there is a £47 cancellation fee. Scuse Me? I've been with plus for over a year, i was going to leave before a year but thought better not i dont want to pay a charge...No one mentioned to me there was going to be a charge for leaving even after your with them over a year...Im well cheesed off. Has anyone else been caught out with this.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Cancellation fee!!!

Sounds like you went for either deferred hardware costs, or deferred activations costs.
If either of these are the case, they are fully paid by Plusnet after 5 years, any time beofer that, you have to pay them, minus 20% for each year you have been with PN.
Yogi
Dabbler

Cancellation fee!!!

I used my own hardware, and migrated to Plusnet from Metronet 13 Months ago. Presumably I won't face any charges if I leave now?

Alex
NigelWood
Grafter

Cancellation fee!!!

I've inspected your account and replied to you as a ticket as posting this kind of customer account specific data on forums isn't our practice.

For the benefit of other forum users: Any deferred activation/housemove charges are visible on your "account summary" portal page. This is available under the "Account details" link on the portals left hand menu. For older and yearly contract accounts further cancelation charges may apply. Thirty days notice to cancel is always required.
N/A

Cancellation fee!!!

Yep. I noticed the charge AFTER I joined. To say I was bit hacked off was an understatement. It's not as though the service is really cheap to warrant this type of deal.
N/A

Cancellation fee!!!

to be honest though, if bt charge plusnet £57 or whatever, do you just expect plusnet to pay this and forget about it? Well, they do, but only if you stay with them for 5 years, otherwise they knock off x amount per year as a "loyalty discount".

Better than paying up front like many other ISPs, in my opinion.
N/A

Cancellation fee!!!

Virgin.net only charge you the connection costs if you leave in the first year, otherwise they don't charge. Depends if you want to go with that NThelL arm!