cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Advice

N/A

Cancellation Advice

Hey guys, I have just sent in my cancellation ticket to PN... I want to end my broadband ON the 15th of June since my contract is renewed every 16th(Therefore, my last payment should be this May)... Am I right to tell PN now that I want it to be cancelled by then?

And how should I write it... The last provider I had was so efficient that when I called them to give a one month prior notice as required to cancel and the next day, the internet was cut off which I don't want to happen at all...

Please advice... Thanks alot...
15 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Cancellation Advice

If you've actually asked for the connection to be terminated, rather than a MAC key, then a ticket will have been raised on your account through to our broadband ops team so that they can actually place the cease order and this will have the intended date for the cease on it.

On the other hand, if you've asked for a MAC key, then no cease will be placed and the connection will just continue to work.
N/A

Cancellation Advice

I definitely asked them to cancel... But what I fear is that they might cancel it too early... I want to keep my internet till the very last day of that month's contract because I'm still working online... Smiley

Thanks... I just suppose I need to wait for the ticket...
N/A

Cancellation Advice

Stringbean

Are you certain you want to terminate i.e. you are giving up the internet altogether? if you want to migrate to another ISP just ask for your MAC number or else you will have to pay to cease and reconnect. Most ISPs let you change for no charge.
N/A

Cancellation Advice

Yup... Definitely terminate... I'm going to leave the country so I don't think I want to have internet connection here... Tongue
N/A

Cancellation Advice

PN has replied my ticket and I got this...

Before we can arrange cancellation, there is 72.00 to pay. This is for the deferred activation fee and the cost of the hardware. Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

I'm abit shocked that I have 72 pounds to cancel it... Why is this so? This is also that I used my own hardware... Any reason why?
shellsong
Grafter

Cancellation Advice

The £72 is normally for deferred payments-- £47 for activation and £25 for modem. If you only deferred your activation cost and didn't receive a modem as part of the deal the amount should only be £47 and you will need to argue that out with PlusNet
N/A

Cancellation Advice

So much for "free activation now available" .. yes, we should've read the fine print...
Fear not, you are not the only one who has to pay that fee because he leaves the UK. I am going back to germany and will also have to pay this 47 pound :\
N/A

Cancellation Advice

I see... Hmmmm... Well PN said I would get a free modem during the package I signed up from PN... Should I argue with them?
shellsong
Grafter

Cancellation Advice

If you didn't get one, definitely! No reason to pay for what you didn't get-- ask them for proof of delivery!
N/A

Cancellation Advice

Ok... Even then I still have to pay the 47 pounds right... Sigh...
shellsong
Grafter

Cancellation Advice

Think about it! PlusNet will have had to pay that to BT for the activation-- they rely on your continued loyalty to refund it! Better to think of it as a 60p/month discount Wink
N/A

Cancellation Advice

PN has replied my ticket and I got this...

Before we can arrange cancellation, there is 72.00 to pay. This is for the deferred activation fee and the cost of the hardware. Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

I'm abit shocked that I have 72 pounds to cancel it... Why is this so? This is also that I used my own hardware... Any reason why?

You say you're leaving the country? Here's an idea... just tell them the cheque is in the post :lol:
N/A

Cancellation Advice

Well I will be back... But just that I want to terminate it for good... Hahaha...
shellsong
Grafter

Cancellation Advice

Actually benzalez it was stringbean who wrote that not me! Wink