cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you explain FRIACO?

Innovations
Grafter

Can you explain FRIACO?

All along I've had problems with Plus unmetered. Sometimes it's really quite good but on many occasions I get problems with page not found/DNS Error even on Plus.net. Plus's response is for me to fill out a log. Whilst I'm in the processing of doing this, it's hardly what I paid for. I wanted something that would work.

Previously I notied that when I gave up on Plus and went over to ordinary dial-up (with Dell) the problems disappeared. Customer Support said "Ah well that's because FRIACO goes down a different BT route" - presumably an inferior one.

So can you explain how FRIACO works and thus why it gives me an inferior service?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Can you explain FRIACO?

Hi Michael,

Your connection when using the FRIACO service is indeed routed differently, but should not make any difference to the quality of connection that is established. If you are experiencing problems, please raise a ticket on your account which will enable us to look into the matter for you.

It may be that we will need to liase with BT on your behalf but this cannot be done until we have carried out the necessary checks on your account and obtained all the relevant information.

Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+

Captain_Digital
Grafter

Iam experienceing simillar problems as youself it is worse in the evenings ( is this because more people are online ). During the day it is better. Is any one else having problems ?? Dont get anywhere when I raise a ticket. Can we have some feedback please.

Ps Plusnet used to be great when I first began with it, now it is poor whyHuh?
N/A

Hi Grahame,

Our connect accounts are based on contention and fair usage, therefore you may well see variations in the quality of your connection at different times of the day.

Another reason for the variations may be due to congestion issues at your local exchange at different times. Have you tried the 0845 dial up number and the same resultsif so, is this giving ?

Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
Innovations
Grafter

"It may be that we will need to liase with BT "

The reason I raised this question is if I get a DNS error messge and sometimes can get a POP3 connection, then I can't see what it's got to do with BT. Surely BT will either give you a connection or not. If it's not BT, then it's Plus and in that case I'd like them to take responsibility and offer some logical explanation.

1 Does anybody know how the FRIACO network can impact internet sessions?

2 Does anybody know what typically causes the page not found/DNS error after you have completed sign-on and sometimes after you have managed to get a few pages without problems?
N/A

> 1 Does anybody know how the FRIACO network can impact internet sessions?
It should work the same. have you tried specifying dns is your setup?

> 2 Does anybody know what typically causes the page not found/DNS error after you have completed sign-on and sometimes after you have managed to get a few pages without problems?

Sounds like DNS is not being assigned. Again have you tried specyfing DNS?

Kevin
--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----