cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you clarify what package people are on

nathan1111
Grafter

Ok i Understand most people are on a different package but for average 2mb Premier Customers, who pay £21.99 what is the name of their service (Their Bt Wholesale Name)

I know i was on Bt IpStream Office 2000 and have been regraded to Bt IPStream Max Premium. So why am I payin £31.99? I found this website about Bt Wholesale and it seems to regrade from Bt Office2000 to MaxPremium you do not pay a thing. And to other customers who pay £21.99 are on normal contention 50:1... etc what is the name of their whoelsale product. If any other customers are on 2mb it may show you via Automated Tickets in the help/contact Us section. Linksy

Btw Bt IpStream = 2mb/256 Bt IpStream Max = 8mb/832 I think most people are on the IPstream Home 2000 if so they should be able to get upload of 832kbps with NO Extra cost

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Shortened the link as it seriously stretched the page.]
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Sounds like you were one of the early people who''s resedential account was put on IPStream office 2000 before IPstream home 2000 existed. You must have also elected to stay on office 2000 (20:1) by paying an additional £10/month when PN sent you an email about moving all the early 2Mbs customers back onto IPStream home 2000.

As a result you have been upgraded to IPStream max premier but you continue to pay £21.99 + £10 for the previlage of remaining on an office based product which now gives you a maximum upstream speed of 832Kbs.
nathan1111
Grafter

Sounds like you were one of the early people who''s resedential account was put on IPStream office 2000 before IPstream home 2000 existed. You must have also elected to stay on office 2000 (20:1) by paying an additional £10/month when PN sent you an email about moving all the early 2Mbs customers back onto IPStream home 2000.

As a result you have been upgraded to IPStream max premier but you continue to pay £21.99 + £10 for the previlage of remaining on an office based product which now gives you a maximum upstream speed of 832Kbs.

I already know what account i was on Lol Thanks, i know i'll receive that upload Lol, thanks for answering though.. What I want to kno is what everyone else (£21.99) is on.. Because if you click on the Link... in my post it shows that from office u shudnt pay ANYTHIN to regrade from office2000 to MaxPremium... EVERYONE click on the link because if Im Confused then everyone can get a product with higher upload speeds with NO EXTRA COST! Maybe i didnt read the small print.
hitachi
Grafter

You dont pay anything for the upgrade but the product price is different per month.
Community Veteran

Ah OK.

Everyone else is on exactly the same as you except:

They only get 448Kbs (not 832Kbs as you stated earlier) upload speeds compared to your 832Kbs
They are still on a 50:1 contended product compared to your 20:1 one.

So in theory, contention during busy times will be less for your connaction.

I suspect what you are really after is whether what you have now is worth the extra £10/month. If you don't run your own web server, then the answer to that is no.

Your £10/month will not get you a faster downstream connection.