cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have info on what is being done to fix LLU PlusNet??

N/A

Enough is enough.

I have been one of the quiet customers, watching the constant slating of PN's ongoing customer service and service delivery nightmares with faint bemusement as I was happy with the service because it was...... RELIABLE.

Five days since the LLU problem was acknowledged and no update beyond "We are looking into this with Tiscali and can't give you a further update".

Sorry that is just not good enough. I'm getting circa 15 to 20 disconnects every 24 hours, sync stays solid just no authentication. Like many others I was LLU'd without any choice in the matter, but I didn't care just so long as the service wasn't affected.

I care now, a lot. I feel I may be one of the silent majority who just want an Internet connection which works all the time at a decent price. The frustration of trying to use this connection to shop, bank or organise a wedding (today!! 3pm!!! Mine!!!!) online with ongoing random dropouts is driving me to distraction.

I want to see some evidence of escalation, of urgency, not just "we're still looking into it". What is being done, exactly? What escalation is in place? Is there any time frame at all for a fix? Do you actually know what the problem is yet? Does anyone have the answers to these questions?

As a team leader in a support department I more than appreciate that not all issues can be resolved quickly. But I would make sure my team had the answers to these questions for any ongoing issue and that they had communicated them to the customer. Now I'm the customer and I would like to see the same from PN - is anyone able to comment?

Thanks,
John
148 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Can we have info on what is being done to fix LLU PlusNe

Five days since the LLU problem was acknowledged

note that in reality this has been going on for some of us for a month now

just took quite a long time for +net to acknowledge it
N/A

No change that to 3 months +
N/A

Yes I deliberately chose my words carefully when I said the problem had been acknowledged.

I have certainly had the problem for several weeks but since I hadn't actually reported it I didn't feel I could comment on that. PN acknowledged it 5 days ago so I am going to take it that that is the point at which they raised it with Tiscali, from the point of view of escalation with Tiscali I would imagine that is where the clock starts ticking.

Cheers,
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Well according to the service status page they think its fixed, but I know that it certainly isnt, as I have had 2 disconnects, and CHAP authentication failures in the past hour. Anyone else still getting these disconnect issues?Huh
N/A

The frustration of trying to use this connection to shop, bank or organise a wedding (today!! 3pm!!! Mine!!!!)

Totally o/t here but I hope the big day has gone swimmingly well for you John (other than the PN shoddiness)!

Cheers

Chris
N/A

its not fixed. I'm still getting disconnected.
terminal
Grafter

hesketh14 - I think that "fixed" message applies to the problem on Friday when a lot of people couldn't authenticate at all for most of the afternoon.

The intermittent disconnects is still being looked into, as they state in the service status

"We are continuing to investigate reports of intermittent connectivity problems across the LLU platform as described here:-
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1157020803.htm "

In another thread (LLU Disconnections recognised at last!), posted someone from customer support posted (at 10pm on 31th) the following

"The latest update we have on this problem is that both ourselves and Tiscali have gone through everything on our networks and ruled out pretty much everything we can and the cause is looking likely to be on part of the Tiscali network supplied to them by NTL. We're pressing them as hard as we can to get this resolved as soon as possible as we appreciate the problems this is causing for our customers."

they seem to have gone quiet since then
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Ummm yes. I should learn to read more clearly Shockedops:

I am going to write to Plusnet, with a formal complaint, and a request to be moved back to IPStream, as it seems clear that Tiscalis network is nowhere near reliable enough. I was LLUd without any attempt at letting me know, first thing I knew was I had the mail telling me I had been successfully moved to their alternative supplier.
N/A

It'll be the same as the massive email screw-up by the incompetent engineers (Managing to delete the partitions is bad enough, but then creating another partition of the same size in an attempt to get the data back ON THE SAME PHYSICAL DRIVE is just plain dumb! Even a trained monkey would have made a mirror image of the drive first, and a competent engineer would know the first thing that happens in most non-Windows environment is that the inode tables are destroyed)

So now they'll think "Nothing we can do about it, It only affects a small percentage of our user base, and they'll leave once they get fedup." whilst thinking of the next thing they can disable or limit.
NigelWood
Grafter

...competent engineer would know the first thing that happens in most non-Windows environment is that the inode tables are destroyed

Actually we agree with you. We also believe that no competent engineer would be attempting work of that magnitude without asking another engineer to shadow them. The engineer responsible is no longer employed by Plusnet.

So now they'll think "Nothing we can do about it, It only affects a small percentage of our user base, and they'll leave once they get fedup." whilst thinking of the next thing they can disable or limit.

They may very well leave if we don't resolve the problem quickly, and I (personally) wouldn't blame them. Its certainly not our intention to force customers to leave to avoid resolving the problem however.

Plusnet are working extremely hard to get the problem resolved. I'm preparing a posting on the subject currently.
N/A

The frustration of trying to use this connection to shop, bank or organise a wedding (today!! 3pm!!! Mine!!!!) online with ongoing random dropouts is driving me to distraction.

I want to see some evidence of escalation, of urgency, not just "we're still looking into it". What is being done, exactly? What escalation is in place? Is there any time frame at all for a fix? Do you actually know what the problem is yet? Does anyone have the answers to these questions?

Congrats! Hope you're both very happy (despite your Internet Connection - hope it wasn't a wedding present!! Wink )

Did you invite Lee Strafford to the wedding? If you didn't, perhaps that might explain a few things... :twisted:
NigelWood
Grafter

Plusnet are working extremely hard to get the problem resolved. I'm preparing a posting on the subject currently.

I'm sorry this took rather longer than expected. There is a little to much information for a forum post so I've attached a link to the document instead. LLU Disconnections Update

Nigel
N/A

Interesting reading Nigel but what about those of us who were force moved over to Tiscali? I joined Plusnet in good faith on the recommendations of others, if I had known Tiscali were going to be involved I would have gone elsewhere. I'm faced with a bill of between 100 to 200 pounds to move ISP (4 months contract, deferred activation and LLU regrade charge). I'm going to pay it and have raised a ticket to do so. That is how important it is to me to have a reliable connection which fulfils my needs.
N/A

"Tiscali identified the disconnections as originating from a section of their network infrastructure which is leased from NTL. Tiscali have raised the issue with NTL and are progressing the investigation with them."

I've had bad luck with NTL in the past.. their phone infastructure around here sucks, it's why i moved onto plusnet years ago w/my BT phoneline.

Used to have phone and 56k from them.. Whenever a problem arose it was always blamed on me, when it was their networks fault in general (people in my area had the same problems).

And by 'aroundhere' i mean Stafford, Staffordshire West midlands.

I am going to raise a ticket to go back onto IPStreamMAX.. i'd really appreciate it if I was off this infastructor.

Oh and i've been getting randomly kicked off every 5minutes-1 hour for a month now.