cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we PLEASE have an update?

N/A

This is really getting beyond a joke. Webspace performance back to a crawl since yesterday - and not so much as a whisper of an update - despite the service status beying due to be updated at 11am. Please support, can you keep us in the loop with this? It's bad enough that this problem has dragged out for so long, but the least you could do is update us regularly. Even if you have no idea what the problem is currently or how to fix it, it would be nice if you could at least say as much!
38 REPLIES
N/A

Speeds as bad as ever despite last weeks alleged hardware upgrade. Caching issues still wrecking customer websites (my index page now states that my site was last updated on the 4th March. The page listing the actual updates runs up until the 6th March. Various pages have frames that haven't updated on the cache). Service status update 5 hours overdue. One hour away from close of business, and still no comment from Plus Net on this forum. This is a disgrace.
N/A

On my own sleeper page the loading times have been widely different today. Early this morning the page was loading in two seconds, this afternoon its fifty seconds and needed a couple of refreshes. Clearly PN are not out of the wood yet and neither are its customers.
N/A

Way to go, Plus Net. 5pm. A whole working day with no update either in the forums or in service status, and websites currently as slow as they've ever been. This is appalling customer service. I'm not impressed. I will never, ever recommend you again to a single person.
N/A

Can't say I've seen any sort of response to anything from Customer Support today (Service Status or even a single posting)..... Me thinks something is up !

Dave
N/A

I'm starting to wonder if they've shut up shop and just forgotten to turn off the lights. I tell you what though, it's really coming to something when the cgi webspace is actually fast by comparison to everything else!
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

I'm sorry for the late response, Josh is not here today and I've been increadibly busy. I've updated service status. Websites should now be running at a good speed, we rebooted the cache servers and that seems to have worked.

regards

Luke
painswck
Grafter

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the post. unfortunately the web server is still at a crawl.

Seing you have decided to keep the cache (take it last weeks upgrade has not worked out) how long until the permanent fix?

Roland
N/A

Slow Websites

I agree, my website speed is very poor and I have looked at the sites of other posters and theirs is no better. From reading the latest service announcement it appears +Net are saying there is not a problem anymore. I beg to differ, the problem is still there.
N/A

Ditto.
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

I can't replicate the problem, but have contacted the network team to investigate for you.

regards

Luke
csogilvie
Grafter

It's definetly occuring here as well Luke.
N/A

N/A

I'm sorry, but this just seems to confirm that Plus Net don't actually have a clue about what's causing this problem.
N/A

Rubbish

I don't complain much, and people have already raised it, but the website performance is really really cak at the moment.

I've only got some pictures I want to show to a few people, and they're small files, but it's flippin rubbish and un-useable.

I moved them to brinkster.com, and the pages absolutely fly from there, I think my tesco.net webspace was quicker!

:x

When is the target time for a resolution?