cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can this be Right

N/A

Can this be Right

My friend is currently on BB+ £14.99 for up to 2Meg but is only getting 512 . I told her to raise a ticket to have her line tested which she did and it came back that it would support 1 meg and if she wanted regraded to that she would have to pay £14.99 how can that be if she is paying for up to 2 MEG
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Can this be Right

Did she migrate in from a different ISP? If so her speed will have stayed the same and the £14.99 is right. If Plusnet was her first ISP provider she should have had a free upgrade as part of last years exercise.

If she can wait, she'll probably get a free upgrade to the fastest her line can support using MaxDSL some time this year.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Can this be Right

No plusnet is her first isp and does that mean when MAXdsl comes in she ll still be only on 1 meg
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Can this be Right

MaxDSL has smaller speed increments so should could see something like 1.5M depending upon her line. The first 10 days after the changeover it tests to see what the best stable rate is.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Can this be Right

There isn't a single set deciding period for what speed a user will get. The connection, both upstream and downstream is completely rate adaptive so syncs at the fastest (stable, within the limits) speeds it can every time a sync is made.