cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pickup email over tmobile connection (but can send)

N/A

I'm asking this for a friend who is also on plus net. he has a nokia phone on T-Mobile which has worked fine up until the latest email fiasco.

Now he cannot receive his emails but can send ok. No error appears just nothing is received. he has sent himself test emails from the phone and they send but yet again are not received.

When he has gone home all his emails came through fine to his PC.

Have PN done something while fixing the emails preventing email pickups from outside the "PN network"?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Anyone got any idead on this?

It's still not working and we've sent the settings again from the Nokia website just in case they were broke but still nothing.

It's odd that it gived no errors or anything when trying to receive.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There's nothing we'd have in place that would stop it, the other way around (receiving OK but not sending) I could suggest a good reason.

One thought, if it's not giving an error then it's probably "working", by that I mean it's successfully checking a POP3 mailbox but finding no mail there. What I would suggest is checking the incoming mail settings to ensure they are set to use our mail server and using the username and password for the mailbox that's being send to. For example, if your friend has two mailboxes set up on his account, check the username and password are for the right one.