cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get connected

N/A

Can't get connected

I have tried umpteen times to get connected this evening but keep getting the busy tone. I am posting this haven got connected via Freeserve...first time!! (the problem is not with my local exchange!)
This is not a one-off. My experience with PlusNet has been that it's great if you want to use it in quiet periods but during the busy evening periods...forget it...they just don't have the capacity.
What I would like to know is...is this a temporary glitch due to recent technical problems...or is this PlusNet operating at maximum capacity...i.e. is this what can be expected in the future.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Can't get connected

> I have tried umpteen times to get connected this evening but keep getting the busy tone. I am posting this haven got connected via Freeserve...first time!! (the problem is not with my local exchange!)
> This is not a one-off. My experience with PlusNet has been that it's great if you want to use it in quiet periods but during the busy evening periods...forget it...they just don't have the capacity.
> What I would like to know is...is this a temporary glitch due to recent technical problems...or is this PlusNet operating at maximum capacity...i.e. is this what can be expected in the future.
Hi there,
Recently we made improvements to the service to ensure that accounts are now contended correctly (this was not the case before).

Remember that the account you have signed up to is contended 15:1. This means that you share your connection with 15 other people, and the higher contended your account is, the more unlikely you are to connect first time at peak periods.

If you find your usage requires that you need a less contended service (i.e, you need to connect more first time during peak periods), then maybe you need to consider upgrading to a lower contended account, such as the Connect Standard.

Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: Can't get connected

I have Connect Bus Lite and i never have a problem - 8:1 is pretty good and the more you pay the lwoer it gets until you get the ultimate dialup - Connect Always On - you get a special number aswell Smiley

This is what i like the most about + Net - each account group has it's own dialup number Biz has 271 for lite and 272 for heavy

Neat Smiley

We could do with abit more eye candy on the webcams though <grin> lol

Pete