cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Internet today (9/7)

N/A

I haven't been able to get any Internet or Outlook Express all afternoon. The router signal is excellent, but I switched back to ADSL landline to check. Still no solution.

Instead I am using a neighbour's router to send this message, and to read the Customer Status posts. Lots of mentions of PN' web-based e-mail, but nothing about Internet connections.

Are these problems related? Am I the only one?

It's coming to something when I have to type this while I'm trying to watch the World Cup!!
6 REPLIES
N/A

I haven't been able to get onto the internet for 6 days and I raised a ticket with plusnet 5 days ago that I am still waiting on an answer for. I don't hold much hope and I am at this minute looking for another ISP.
N/A

You're not the only one. My ADSL vanished on the 9th.
N/A

After being on the phone to Plusnet for about 15 minutes I got through to a person, I requested my migration code and she told me I have to ask for it in writing, she then offered to put me through to someone in the support team to help with my query, at this point I got put back into the phone system with all of the multiple options, I went through to Sales again and after waiting another 15 minutes got put back through to the same person. She told me that all I could do was write to them for cancellation and my MAC code and she wasn't sure what options I should choose in the phone system for the support team.

I'm not happy to say the least and today I will be cancelling my DD and writing a letter to Plusnet requesting early cancellation of my contract and my MAC code.
shellsong
Grafter

@jason7579

How about taking the path that PlusNet have established for getting your MAC? Send them a ticket asking for a MAC and giving them 30 days notice-- it is allegedly a comparatively simple procedure not worth getting hot under the collar about unless they foul it up and the notice starts from when you raise the ticket. You don't need to use snail mail at all and you will probably still need to make one more payment and get a refund for the amount overpaid beyond the notice period.

You will be well advised to inform PN when your line is transferred to your new ISP since BTw aren't very good at passing on this information
N/A

Thanks I didn't know I could do it via a ticket. But with the amount of time it took to get an answer to the last ticket it might be quicker via snail mail :roll:

I would have thought that the lady who actually worked for plusnet would have been able ot tell me that I could cancel by raising a ticket but to be fair to her she may have thought that I have no internet access at all. I guess I'm just lucky my work have the internet
shellsong
Grafter

... except that your notice starts as soon as you open the ticket whereas snail mail would have to reach someone before the clock starts ticking!