cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't forward or reply to some emails....'

N/A

I've been getting a few spams recently which I can't forward to the 'thisisspam...' address (does it do anything anyway?). When I click the Forward button, the body gets greyed out and although I can type in a forwarding address, clicking send just produces the eggtimer and nothing happens. Anyone else getting these or should I raise it as a 'contact us' issue?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi There

You can either paste the headers into a ticket for us or you can try and see if you can forward it elsewhere but I would guess that will also fail. As for your other questions the address does do something it trains the spam filter further on what is and is nto spam.
N/A

I've discovered what the problem is. Any email I receive that has an apostrophe ( ' ) in the Subject produces the problem. If I try to forward any email that contains an apostrophe in the subject line, whatever is after the apostrophe is removed, the apostrophe changes to a backslash ( \ ) and the body is blanked and greyed out and although I can fill in a forwarding address, it doesn't get sent. I've tried this on another Plusnet account as well and it produced the same effect.
N/A

I've changed the title of this thread to reflect the real problem.
N/A

Forgot to mention - It also happens when replying. It applies to webmail using Advanced (IE6) with POP3 or IMAP.
N/A

Hi There

Do you also have the same issues if you use the simple interface?
N/A

Just did a few tests -

Although I'm actually using IE6, if I select the simple interface option with either POP3 or IMAP, I can forward or reply to the emails. However, a backslash gets inserted before the apostrophe in the subject line. The reply/forwarded email gets delivered with the added backslash.