cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access new mailbox

TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

I have just set up a specific mailbox for my mother-in-law on free-online in order to filter out the spam. We received the email saying that the new mailbox had been created and could be used straightaway. However Mailwasher is saying that "The connection was intentionally closed by the server before the session was completed."

Tried logging in through webmail to the new mailbox and got "ERROR : Connection dropped by IMAP server". The username and password were both accepted as valid.

Is is a question of waiting 4 hours for the changes to trickle through the servers, despite the email saying otherwise?

Cheers!
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Can't access new mailbox

Yes, I would wait a while longer.

You are using username+mailboxname as the username when trying to login via Webmail and your email client?
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

Thanks Peter.

Yes I'm using the correct 'user+mailbox' login. It's been over 4 hours now and still no access - still getting the same errors. I can successfully login using the standard 'user' login.
Liam
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

Does it work logging into Webmail?
Community Veteran

Can't access new mailbox

Liam, read the 2nd para of the OPs post again... - it fails in webmail!
Liam
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

*Cleans Glasses*

Looking at this now...
Liam
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

OK. I'm struggling to replicate this. I can see the mailbox has been setup and currently has 1 message waiting.

Can you confirm that you're still not able to login to webmail, or via a mail client?
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

Liam, thanks for looking. Still failing in MailWasher and WebMail. My mother-in-laws username is 'blatt'
Liam
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

OK. Replicated it that time (on that account). I've refreshed the Mailboxes component of the account so we'll see if it starts working in about 30minutes or so.
N/A

Can't access new mailbox

Interesting that you say that for I cnnot access my default mailbox.
Therefore all comms from plusnet will be lost -- oh Dear
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

Still failing.

I'll try one more time in about half an hour, then it'll have to wait until after the match. Smiley
kevgti
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

I've got the same problem, raised a ticket on Saturday, the CSC have "performed some maintenance" on my account a couple of times, but it's still the same.

I get the "Connection dropped by IMAP server" in Webmail, if I try to access it using Thunderbird I get "chdir /share/isp/plusnet/mail/kh/khislop/Maildir-info failed".

To me it looks like the directory on the mail store hasn't been created for some reason, the mailbox does exist in the mail db as if I send mail to the address it gets returned as undeliverable rather than going to my catchall.
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

OK. Match is over and still broken.

Disappointed in so many ways, but I can't blame them *all* on PN. Sad
Liam
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

Vints, I will look into this as soon as I am in the office tomorrow morning.
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

Can't access new mailbox

Cheers Liam,

Dave.