cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Collect Web Mail

N/A

Can't Collect Web Mail

I've just got my Broadband connection up and running and so far I'm delighted with the service and support from PlusNet. It took just over a week from start to finish.

I do however have an annoying problem which I'm hoping somebody can help me with, I don't seem to be able to sign in to pick up Web Mail from my old AOL account using the broadband connection, if I go back to my dial up connection it's o.k. but using the broadband connection it just refuses to accept my login details.
Any ideas please Huh

Regards, ...... Phil.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Can't Collect Web Mail

> I've just got my Broadband connection up and running and so far I'm delighted with the service and support from PlusNet. It took just over a week from start to finish.
>
> I do however have an annoying problem which I'm hoping somebody can help me with, I don't seem to be able to sign in to pick up Web Mail from my old AOL account using the broadband connection, if I go back to my dial up connection it's o.k. but using the broadband connection it just refuses to accept my login details.
> Any ideas please Huh
>
> Regards, ...... Phil.

Hi Phil,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the service. Are you trying to access this via our webmail system? We do provide the facility to collect mail from other ISP's via webmail however I don't think that AOL allow external POP3 access to their mail servers so you won't be able to use this method. It might be worth checking this with AOL to confirm.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

No I'm not trying to use the PlusNet webmail system, I'm going to the AOL main page and trying to log onto their web mail service but as I said in my first post I just can't get logged in using the broadband connection, dialup's fine!

Regards, .... Phil
N/A

> No I'm not trying to use the PlusNet webmail system, I'm going to the AOL main page and trying to log onto their web mail service but as I said in my first post I just can't get logged in using the broadband connection, dialup's fine!
>
> Regards, .... Phil

Hi Phil,

This sounds like AOL might restrict access to people using their dial-up, can you confirm this with them? If it's not that we'll gladly investigate further.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----