cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please translate my ticket response?

N/A

Long story short. I tried to migrate, told I couldnt because of LLU, had them cancel LLU, paid for MAC, their provisioning did LLU anyway, complained, told they were 'clearing line to move me back to BT'. This is the latest response:

..........................................................................................................
Assigned :
The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Thursday 4th May at 9:00am. This ticket will remain open with the BOT - DSL Provisioning until this time.Additional information is provided below:

[INTERNAL]

Cease due to complete 04/05.

Regards,
...................................................................................................

What does this mean? Ive had things like this before from them and asked for them to explain it and they never bother. Does it mean my line is going back to BT finally?
8 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Thursday 4th May at 9:00am. This ticket will remain open with the BOT - DSL Provisioning until this time.Additional information is provided below:

This part means that the ticket has been suspended, and moved out of the pool that it's in. It'll drop back into the pool on the date specified. We generally do this if nothing is going to happen with an issue until a specified point in time.

[INTERNAL]

Cease due to complete 04/05.

This is the part to pay more attention to, as it says that the current ADSL connection on your line will be turned off on the 4th of May. Then it'll take about a day for the BT database to update with the fact that your line is clear, after which you'll be able to go ahead and place an order with another ISP.
N/A

OK, I just wrote a ranting horrified reply about them cutting off my internet and dumping me with a new 50 quid activation fee to pay. But I checked my previous ticket and it said this:
..............................................................................................

As it stands the situation is that the LLU transfer completed successfully as it had gone too far to be cancelled. As this is the case, the generated MAC key will not work.

We are in the process of clearing your account with BT so that we can transfer you back to a BT account and generate a MAC key.

I am monitoring this and will update as and when we have further information.

Thankyou for your patience.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

So it will take a day for them to reactivate my line once its cut off? Its a pity I have to come on this forum for this information but thanks for the help anyway.
JonathanW
Grafter

Well there will be slightly more than a day without connection, as once we are able to place the order then this itself will take five to seven working days to complete. Though this downtime is something that should be addressed in the tickets that you've raised.
N/A

:shock:

Well thats just fantastic. Even better that nobody bothered to mention this before.

I really find this hard to take in, +Net wouldnt give me a MAC key, I complained and then they gave me one - which I paid for, I was migrated anyway, now I lose my internet for a week and all I can get from my tickets is barely comprehensible tech speak.
JonathanW
Grafter

All I can do is apologise for the fact that the person who has been dealing with this for you didn't advise you of the downtime.

I've passed the ticket back to him, so that he can provide you with a further update tomorrow as we're expecting to hear back regarding the status of ADSL on your telephone line.
N/A

Sad
N/A

So PN will offer him reimbursement on costs and subscriptions, right ?

Or were you expecting him to surf the net by telepathy (and pay PN for the privilege ?)
N/A

quarter to 5 and no response to my ticket from the person whose supposed to be in charge of all this, I suppose when I get home from work there'll be no internet. Sigh.