cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please explain the "rules" here !!

N/A

Hello all

I admit to being a regular reader of these forums but can someone PLEASE explain to me what the hell is happening with all these "LIMITS" that are being imposed !! It seems a new one is coming out every week ?

Only a few weeks ago, when we were meant to somehow "guess" the peak usage we had used, I was told that "peak time" was 4pm to 12 midnight MONDAY TO FRIDAY.

Last night ( Sunday ) after downloading from a newsgroup, my fancy new "PEAK TIME" reading is showing 5.12 Gb ( for around 4 gb downloaded so obviosuly throwing in upstream aswell to bump the figure up ).

So have the rules changed yet again and PEAK time is now also including weekends too ?

I am sick to death to be honest of trying to work out what all these levels are that we are meant to be able to download to. On a 2mb "Premier" package this should not be something I have to worry about IMHO.

And now in the last couple of days I see posts regarding a "new" limit on usenet downloads of 15 gb !! Is that just to Plusnets servers or is this external usenet aswell ?

When is this ever going to end ? When Plusnet only have people on that dont go above 2 gb a month looking at there bank accounts and reading mails ??

Over the last few years I've been very happy with this ISP, but the last few months my perception has very quickly changed........

A unhappy customer.
7 REPLIES
N/A

I was told that "peak time" was 4pm to 12 midnight MONDAY TO FRIDAY.

i was under the impression that peak time was the same for weekends too,

Last night ( Sunday ) after downloading from a newsgroup, my fancy new "PEAK TIME" reading is showing 5.12 Gb ( for around 4 gb downloaded so obviosuly throwing in upstream aswell to bump the figure up ).

the vmbu shows all traffic as one figure, as it is total amount used that counts towards your monthly sup figure.

And now in the last couple of days I see posts regarding a "new" limit on usenet downloads of 15 gb !! Is that just to Plusnets servers or is this external usenet aswell ?

i think this applys to all news servers
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

Grake is correct, in that peak time applies seven days a week, rather than just for week days. Though the VMBU on Premier accounts has recently been updated to allow people to more easilly track their peak and total usage figures.

The usenet changes apply to all usenet servers, not just our own.
N/A

So when exact is plusnet intending on telling all its customers about this ?

The only way that you find out what the current usage policies are is to come and visit these forums ! Its the worst customer care that I have ever seen.

So does anyone know what the other limits are for my account then, seeing as though there has been no emails for this either ?

And I right in thinking 30 gb "peak" time. What is peak time now then ? Sounds like in the last couple of weeks, they now include weekends ? Is it 4pm to midnight still ?

This is exactly what is p'ing me off about plusnet lately, and the way it is changing things all the time !!
N/A

It seems self-evident that peak-time (for an internet access provider) should include weekends. Or is that just me?
SamP
Grafter

Ah! We appear to be playing "Guess the limit".
It gives a new meaning to the term 'On-Line Games'.
I don't think customers should have to guess about this stuff.

Sam

> It seems self-evident that peak-time (for an internet access provider) should > include weekends.
N/A

So, after trying to read about this, Plusnet deem to following amounts to be fair each month :

15 gb on usenet per month ( above this you go to a low priority queue )

up to 30 gb total peak time ( 4pm - midnight , every day )

up to 100 gb overall for the month

I don't have an issue with this, just that I want to be clear on it ! After all 100 gb a month is more than what I will ever use. Plus I will just schedule the usenet downloads to off peak times.

Just hoping that the USENET 15 gb limit won't mean that the speeds drop to ridiculous levels. Also can +net confirm that once you hit the 15gb, is the queueing the same for peak time and off peak if you have gone over the time, or is it only applied in peak time ( if that makes sense ! ).

Thanks
N/A

pturton,

Once you have reached 15gb per month the restriction is applied 24/7 for the remainder of the month.

Hope this helps.

Regards,