cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone out there HELP!!

N/A

I registered to join Plus Net over a week ago and I am still awaiting delivery of my new broadband - when I check the status of the order it is still on checking account details - over a week later. I have tried numerous times to call someone from plus net but obviously they don't have anyone on their phone lines because it never directs you to a person to speak to.... I have to say I am so disappointed that I went with plus net should have went toBT!! Has anyone been in the same position or maybe someone could let me know how long it should take to get this bloody broadband set up!!! Cry Evil
13 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Did you choose to pay your initial fee by direct debit?
This is usually a cause for delay as the banks (not Plusnet) take a while to set up a direct debit, and Pn will not initialise your service till they have had the money.

Even if you want to pay monthly by direct debit, it is always faster to pay the initial charge by credit/debit card.
N/A

Hi there Drew,

Welcome to the forums.

I'll move this to the Community Support forum as it is more relevant there.
N/A

Did you choose to pay your initial fee by direct debit?
This is usually a cause for delay as the banks (not Plusnet) take a while to set up a direct debit, and Pn will not initialise your service till they have had the money.

Even if you want to pay monthly by direct debit, it is always faster to pay the initial charge by credit/debit card.

Just to let you know that I have been in contact with my bank and they have not received any information at all in regards to this DD. I have cancelled it now and also there is a letter in the recorded delivery cancelling this application. Poor Poor Service.
Alecto
Grafter

So that was the reason for the delay then?

How do you know that what your bank says is correct? It may be stuck in their system.

It is a little harsh to blame Plusnet on this matter, I suspect, but then you are entitled to your opinion.
N/A

I am afraid if you cannot get hold of anyone at plusnet to speak to then many people will end up jumping to conclusions.

Basically you have to try and resolve the problem yourself (even if it might be the wrong decision you make in the end)
N/A

I think it's a fair conclusion to make with the information given on this thread.

Order made a week or so ago
No change in order status
Checked with bank if a DD instruction is going through (has been a week or so since order)
Support line just has IVR that takes you nowhere (and we know a lot of existing customer are getting cut off as well when waiting to speak to someone, or not even getting to that point in the system).

A phone system like that does suggest that no one is available to talk at all, and with the ticket system taking days (even weeks) before getting replies, what is a new customer to think? Perhaps, no support...need to get out of here! (similar to a number of existing customers, eh?)
Alecto
Grafter

All I can say to that then is that it's a good job that Ian Wild has sorted it all out for us. Well, that WAS what the last missive we got from Plusnet about support told us, wasn't it?

I suspect that the support they are commenting on improvements in, exists in another dimension from that which people on here see.

But as for the original post, I got the impression that he'd (quite understandably) taken his bat home before posting and that was it. If he'd come on here before doing so and contacted one of the Pn guys who frequent the forum, they could well have been of some help to him.

But they, you ask, why should he have to?
N/A

I suspect that the support they are commenting on improvements in, exists in another dimension from that which people on here see.

A voyage into another dimension....the PlusNet Dimension!
Laugh
Grafter

It is a little harsh to blame Plusnet on this matter, I suspect, but then you are entitled to your opinion.
Perhaps it isn't PlusNet's fault Geoff but if I was a new customer and couldn't contact the company I think I would be having a few doubts.

I've been on holiday for 2 weeks and come back to see that the same old problems are still here. From what I see on the forums there are still a backlog of tickets and the wait-times for the phones are no better either. Yet the Maxing is back on again. Wasn't this one of the issues that caused the backlogs in the first place?

I recognise that PN are caught between a rock and a hard place. Stop the Maxing project and get complaints from those that want to be maxed. Hold off on the Maxing Project and reduce the number of tickets raising faults because they've been maxed!

The big question that is raised here though is. If the Maxing caused such a backlog and the Maxing has been stopped for so long, then why do we still have such a backlog?

Answers on a postcard.......
Alecto
Grafter

Dead right Jason.
I'm speaking with the calm serenity of somebody who's got a 5Mb connection and not had a single problem.
I'd share the OP's annoyance had it been otherwise, and when I first went dialup internet, I had the same experience with Tiscali, took my bat home, and have hated them with a passion ever since.

However, I do recognise that if I'd been willing to work to sort out the problem instead, then it could probably have been done.

But then as I said above, why should I?
Alecto
Grafter

A voyage into another dimension....the PlusNet Dimension!

Looks like we're into string theory here. And Pn sorting out the support in the near future is about as likely as string theory being the next big story on Eastenders. :lol:
N/A

Yes good to hear your reponses but one thing thats good about plus net is their forum - just had a read through some of the other posts - think everyone wants out have just had a look through and there seems to be alot of unhappy customers would be enough to put anyone off....
Alecto
Grafter

That's good and bad.
As far as I know, no other ISP has this kind of forum, so all their grievances are individually nursed.

There are if you look though lots of good things about the forum.