cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone from PN/CSC PLEASE ring BT for me?!?

kevchalluk
Grafter

Can someone please look at my question ID: 20096380 and get in touch with BT AGAIN for me? I have had this fault, and subsequently not being able to use broadband due to no synch, since August 17th - that's 19 days!!

In that time I also flagged the problem in these forums - https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47073&start=0 - and had some replies from James Bailey, which at first seemed very helpful. He first told me BT were due to fix the problem on Aug 22nd and then the 23rd, but these dates passed without a fix. I was then told it would be sorted the 29th, then the 30th and finally that they expected to finish the "engineering works" on the 31st. ALL of these dates have now passed and I am STILL unable to synch. I have now not heard anything from PN on my ticket(s) since last Wednesday, and have no idea what the state of play is.

I wouldn't mind so much but my girlfriend works from home and has not been able to work for almost 3 weeks now, meaning we're losing money paying PlusNet for a service we can't use AND in lost wages.

What does it take for you to get an honest and reliable answer from BT? I am at the end of my tether and absolutely sick of trying to chase this up.

Can someone PLEASE find out EXACTLY what the fault is and EXACTLY how long it will take to fix?

Thanks
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've added the latest information we have to the open ticket for you. Unfortunately the problem is related to Major Outage that's affecting more than just yourself and that it's still being worked on.
kevchalluk
Grafter

Thanks Dave, much appreciated. I wish they'd hurry up and get it sorted, 3 weeks without ADSL now.
kevchalluk
Grafter

incidentally, I was told my billing date would be moved to compensate for the time I've been without broadband - will that only occur after the fault has been fixed and you can see how long I've been offline? what happens if (as looks likely at this rate) this is longer than a month?
N/A

It won't matter. If it ends up being 2 months, then once your connection is fixed, you won't be billed for another 2 months.
kevchalluk
Grafter

Anyone from PN out there able to ring BT and find out what's going on with this fault?

:?
kevchalluk
Grafter

Anyone from PN out there able to ring BT and find out what's going on with this fault?

:?
kevchalluk
Grafter

I just want to say thanks to all those CSC staff that helped out and chase this rather frustrating problem with BT, which has now been resolved. I'm still annoyed that my missus has been unable to work for 3 weeks and the fact we've lost money, but the free dial-up was a help and the refund for downtime was much appreciated.

Cheers